Submitted Cache/hide review process

texasgrillchef

First off I want to say this... I am NOT complaining. Just seeking further information.

I know that once you submit a new cache/hide, it can take up to 3 days to get reviewed & hopefully published. Sometimes it can take alot less time. I currently have 8 cache/hides. A few took the full 3 days to get published, and a few others were published within 24 hours of me submitting them.

I also realize that the reviewer is doing this as "Volunteer Work", & that they have a life too. That is WHY I am NOT complaining. Just trying to understand the actual process that goes on "Behind" the scenes as well.

I only ask... because... This week I submitted 2 cache/hides. As of the writing of this post. They have not yet been reviewed & of course not published. One cache hide was submitted on Wed August 6th at 8:30am Although I am not for sure how that time is calcuated. As according to my records I submited it on August 6th at 11:30 am CST. I then submitted my second cache hide Friday August 7th, at about 9am CST.

My Wife... submitted her cache/hide at the same time Friday August 7th, at 9am CST as well. Her cache/hide was reviewed and published that night at around 8pm CST.

So what I am wondering is... Me & her BOTH submitted a cache/hide at the same exact time. (She has her own computer and I have mine). Yet hers was reveiwed and published within less than 12 hours, & mine has YET to even be reviewed. In addition I have a cache/hide that I submited MORE than 48 previous to my wife's submittal, & my second submittal & that one has yet to be reviewed either.

Like I said.. I am NOT mad nor am I complaining (Even though it may sound like it). I am just curious how the process works.

Thanks

TGC

Was hers a traditional and yours a multi? Some reviewers will take care of the "easy" traditionals first, before reviewing the more time-consuming multis.

Also, traditionals that have issues may be set aside to publish the quick ones that have no issues.

Patience, grasshopper.

First off I want to say this... I am NOT complaining. Just seeking further information.

I know that once you submit a new cache/hide, it can take up to 3 days to get reviewed & hopefully published. Sometimes it can take alot less time. I currently have 8 cache/hides. A few took the full 3 days to get published, and a few others were published within 24 hours of me submitting them.

I also realize that the reviewer is doing this as "Volunteer Work", & that they have a life too. That is WHY I am NOT complaining. Just trying to understand the actual process that goes on "Behind" the scenes as well.

I only ask... because... This week I submitted 2 cache/hides. As of the writing of this post. They have not yet been reviewed & of course not published. One cache hide was submitted on Wed August 6th at 8:30am Although I am not for sure how that time is calcuated. As according to my records I submited it on August 6th at 11:30 am CST. I then submitted my second cache hide Friday August 7th, at about 9am CST.

My Wife... submitted her cache/hide at the same time Friday August 7th, at 9am CST as well. Her cache/hide was reviewed and published that night at around 8pm CST.

So what I am wondering is... Me & her BOTH submitted a cache/hide at the same exact time. (She has her own computer and I have mine). Yet hers was reveiwed and published within less than 12 hours, & mine has YET to even be reviewed. In addition I have a cache/hide that I submited MORE than 48 previous to my wife's submittal, & my second submittal & that one has yet to be reviewed either.

Like I said.. I am NOT mad nor am I complaining (Even though it may sound like it). I am just curious how the process works.

Thanks

TGC

I can't answer your question, but this is one of the reasons why I was so upset to see my local (Southern California) reviewers publicly disrespected in the forums, yesterday. I start to worry that their may be a problem with my cache submittable after about eight hours. That is because they are usually published within six hours.

Was hers a traditional and yours a multi? Some reviewers will take care of the "easy" traditionals first, before reviewing the more time-consuming multis.

Also, traditionals that have issues may be set aside to publish the quick ones that have no issues.

Patience, grasshopper.

oh I am patient... No big hurry. The one I submited on Wed, was a multi. So if they set those aside to process later, then that makes sense why it hasn't been reviewed yet. (Although this is the first cache I have ever submited that took longer than 3 days to publish)

As far as the cache/hide that me & her both submitted at the same time. They are completely identical. Mainly cause we making them be "Married" caches. Both hers & mine are Traditional caches. Same everything. On the Same public park, only 634 feet from each other. (Still over the min of 528) and neither of our caches are within 700 feet of any other cache/hides. So if there is a problem with my hide, I wouldn't have the slighest idea what it would be, as it hasn't been officially reviewed and feedback given as to why it hasn't been published. (At least at the time I am writing this).

She has temporarliy disabled hers as our caches were meant to work as a pair. Her's is known as "Mrs. Trail of OUCHES" and Mine is known as "MR. Trail of OUCHES" and both are on the same "Trail of OUCHES". :laughing: Both are traditional caches. A geocacher will be able to search for one & not the other if they so choose.... but the "cache contents" (Other than the log) have been split between the two caches... Like the FTF puzzle prize. Half is in hers, the other half in mine. :cool:

TGC

Edited by texasgrillchef

You may also be on either side of the line between two reviewers.

Or maybe you ticked off your reviewer? :cool:

Nah, that wouldn't happen and they wouldn't hold a grudge if it did.

Other side of the line? You mean her cache & my cache maybe seperated by this invisible line so her cache is reviewed by one person & mine by another?

WOW... considering hers & mine are both in the same public park, on the same trail system & withint 634 feet from each other. Thats a mighty fine line! LOL Guess it could happen though.

Intersting though. Like I said just am curious, love to know the process of everything. Why I love backstage passes... Not because I get to party with the celebs.. but I get to watch how everything works! :laughing:

TGC

Often more than one reviewer will work one area. There's no "line" per se, just a split workload. I don't know how reviewers split up the queue, but maybe your cache went to one reviewer and her cache went to the other one. And maybe your reviewer went away for the weekend; who knows.

But before doing anything, double check to make sure you checked the "ready for review" check box, and make sure the reviewer hasn't left a note on the page that you missed. Assuming everthing is good, if you still don't here anything within a few more days maybe send a politely worded email to see if there's anything else you need to do.

As for time, I'd bet you submitted your cache at 11:30AM CDT (Central Daylight Time), which would coincide with 8:30AM PST (Pacific Standard Time - computer servers often don't worry about Daylight Savings Time).

Edited by J-Way

If you want two caches to be published at the same time it is usually best to contact the reviewer ahead of time. Reviewers are almost always willing to help on these kind of projects. Usually it is to publish caches in conjunction with events but the theory is the same.

graculus@dalesinwales.co.uk

This is the reviewer who published one of the caches you found. If it is the wrong reviewer for where your cache is hidden I am sure they will put you in touch with the proper reviewer.

Did you check to be sure the "Yes, this listing is active" box is checked? The reviewer will not see the listing if the box is unchecked.

Edit-speelings coarectionses.

Edited by gof1

how do you email a reviewer? i submitted a cache for review last week... still waiting...

Hello,

I checked to confirm that your submission is properly awaiting review in the queue. It is! I see a cache listing that you submitted on August 7th. It is now August 10th. While reviewers strive to provide an initial review within a goal of 72 hours, sometimes it takes longer than that. I was away last weekend and have published 41 caches today with many more weekend submissions still waiting for me to look at.

Thank you in advance for your patience. While you are waiting, have a look at this article in the Groundspeak Knowledgebase.

how do you email a reviewer? i submitted a cache for review last week... still waiting...

Hello,

I checked to confirm that your submission is properly awaiting review in the queue. It is! I see a cache listing that you submitted on August 7th. It is now August 10th. While reviewers strive to provide an initial review within a goal of 72 hours, sometimes it takes longer than that. I was away last weekend and have published 41 caches today with many more weekend submissions still waiting for me to look at.

Thank you in advance for your patience. While you are waiting, have a look at this article in the Groundspeak Knowledgebase.

Didja have yerself some fun?

@keystone many thanks, when you click submit etc it doesnt say if its been submitted (as you will see on my initial submission thats now submissions). Thats why i was a bit worried, but many thanks i can now patiently wait knowing its safely with yourselves for review :)

@lil devil sorry i didnt know about the event ive only been here under two weeks.

I can confirm that 4 out of 5 of the UK reviewers for England and Ireland were attending the UK's second Mega event at Weston-Super-Mare over last weekend and yesterday (Monday). I'm sure they'll be playing "catch up" over the next few days...

A good time was had by all. :)

89d8bc12-2af4-45dd-b174-854a27713657.jpg

A selection of reviewers at the UK Mega - (L to R) The Bee Keeper (UK), Croaghan (Ireland), Riviouveur (France), Deceangi (UK), Graculus (UK).

Edited by The Blorenges