Not registering trackable items

cmhall9

I have been watching cretin caches lately and I’m noticing that people are logging the find of the cache and in the notes saying that they took the trackable item. But they are not logging that information on the trackable items page. So the item still says it's in the cache even though it's not. If your going to take a trackable item, LOG IT on its personal page the same time you log that you found the cache it was in!

Example: Last month I actually found a trackable item in a cache that was registered in another cache.

There are far too many trackable items missing. :)

Please read the information on trackable items at http://www.geocaching.com/track/

And have a nice day. :)

Edited by cmhall9

I just went to a coin show today to see if anyone had geocoins. Only 3 dealers heard of them. And no one had them. That’s good I guess. But I was hoping I would find one or two that have been lost over the years and put them back into circulation.

Oh good. I am glad I found a thread on this topic so that I can rant :laughing:

A week or so ago, I left a geocoin in a cache and according to the cache log, someone picked it up a few days ago. Alas, it's still in the cache inventory. If it gets on to a week or so, I'll send an email reminder, but I'm thinking, you see, as soon as I get home I want to get on the site and log all my finds (and DNFs), TB retrievals, TB drops, etc. like "hey, look what i found! Look what i did!" haha. I guess not everybody is like that. And geocoins disappear :cool:

A few days ago I took a TB with me from the cache I found on my vacations.

I found the notice in the log book of the cache that TB was left there the day before. The people who left the TB asked to wait with logging next event until they will return home and log their first.

So I wrote in the log that I took TB with me and I am waiting.

Is it right to do it and how long I should wait?

Edited by Piko71

I was at the cache in Mingo, KS today (oldest still active cache in geohistory - GC30) and there are 14 logged TB that were dropped there. I did not find one of them today! I posted notes on about 5 or 6 of them that were only dropped within the last month to report them missing.

There is either a TB thief in the area, or there is a larger majority of people who haven't yet learned how to report/log a trackable item. :wub: