Idea for travel bug

grand-moff

My family and I are quite new to this adictive game and having recently discovered our first TB we decided we must get our own. I have been racking my brains as to what to use and what mission to send it on ,but the other day I think I came up with a good idea so I just thought I'd run it by everyone else to see if there is something I hadn't thought of or if someone has tried this before. So here we go my idea is to send out a flash drive (usb memory stick) and ask all that find it to upload a photo of either themselves or a place they think is special. Then when it becomes full for it to work its way back to starting town for me to extract the pics and publish to a website. I would be grateful for any feedback on this idea.

Cheers Grand-moff.

I'm new to this, too, so I don't know if it's already been done but it sure is a cool idea. :) The only thing I'd suggest keeping in the back of your mind is that while many TBs travel like they're supposed to, many also get *cough* ahem.....lost. So, you would be taking the chance that someone picking up the TB might um...lose it. By accident of course. :-S

Here's the thing, you don't want to release anything that you wouldn't want to take the chance on losing if something happens to it, a cache gets muggled, some decides they need a flash drive, etc...

So if you don't mind taking a chance on losing it, then go for it. I think it is a great idea and a small 1 or 2 gig drive really doesn't cost that much anymore. I would go for it, but state clearly when you would want it sent back to you. You might want to give it short missions and send it out over and over again; that way if something does happen to it one of those times, you would still get something from it.

Great idea! go for it! (if you don't mind taking the chance.)

So here we go my idea is to send out a flash drive (usb memory stick) and ask all that find it to upload a photo of either themselves or a place they think is special. Then when it becomes full for it to work its way back to starting town for me to extract the pics and publish to a website. I would be grateful for any feedback on this idea.

Here is a thread you could read where another cacher had the idea of using a USB flash drive.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=206222&hl=