Geocaching with an auto gps?

kamloopsgirl

I have a garmin 60csx, but i haven\t purchased any maps yet. Is it possible to load the coord's onto my migelin then get to the area, then use my garmin from there?

That's what got me started.....I bought a GPS for the vehicle and loved it so much I bought a handheld as well! Due to several days of rain and work I have only found a dozen or so finds....found one in a downpour the other day.....

I'm not sure if this helps but here goes:

I used a Garmin Nuvi 200 auto navigation GPS for a long time in finding caches. The Nuvi has an Off Road mode. You navigate by searching for local businesses or entering an address. You can also enter coordinates for the unit to take you to. What I did was enter the coordinates, let the unit tell me how to drive to the cache, then I set it to off road mode and follow it on foot. It works.

I have a regular hand held GPS now, a Magellan eXplorist. I use the Nuvi to tell me how to drive to the cache then I use my Magellan to walk to the cache. I just enter the coordinates into both units.

Can't speak about your specific model, especially since you didn't mention what model "migelin" you have, but I will say...

I used a Garmin Nuvi 200W exclusively for geocaching (and navigating to geocaches) for a couple of months (and a few hundred finds) before I purchased a Colorado 400t and the City Navigator software.

Happy Caching!

I'm not familiar with a Magellan either. I have a Garmin Nuvi. If you can enter coordinates, you should be able to find that somewhere in the menu...keep exploring the menu pages. Also, it would be a lot easier if you could simply download pocket queries with GSAK...then you wouldn't have to enter ANY coordinates! Good luck...I've used a car gps for geocaching but a handheld is a better quality piece. It's studier, waterproof, and you don't have to worry about the battery running down when it's not plugged in.

I have a garmin 60csx, but i haven\t purchased any maps yet. Is it possible to load the coord's onto my migelin then get to the area, then use my garmin from there?

If you already have car navigating ability with your Magellan, why are you thinking of getting maps for your 60CSx?

If you already have car navigating ability with your Magellan, why are you thinking of getting maps for your 60CSx?

Exactly, I don't want to have to get any maps... But I don't know how to put coor. into my megelin, Is there some other way to get close to the cache using the car gps then switch to the 60? I'm very new, and just not sure how to do it. Thanks