Colorado firmware 2.95 Beta

Timpat

I'm still a bit fuzzy on the listed improvement, "Added ability to load maps from any img file in the Garmin directory".

I use MapEdit to create transparent custom map .img coverages and then copy/paste them into my CO 300 internal Garmin/GPX folder. This works fine although multiple maps end up in a single mapset listing so I can only turn On/Off a group of my custom maps. For example if I have; "Tims Trails, Snowmobile Trails, and GridMap" imgs they all are in a mapset called "cgpsmapper" in this case.

I was wondering if there is a way to have individual custom maps loaded to be able to toggle On/Off individual custom maps to be show or not?

Nope. The unit combines maps from the same map set even if they are in different files. This fix is really to address the issue where you've spent a day building a mapset in Mapsource only to find out you want to add another map. This feature allows you to mix and match and incrementally add new maps without the hassle of having to rebuild the entire mapset in Mapsource. Once everything shows up in the unit it works the same as if you had one file with all the maps.

I'm still a bit fuzzy on the listed improvement, "Added ability to load maps from any img file in the Garmin directory".

I use MapEdit to create transparent custom map .img coverages and then copy/paste them into my CO 300 internal Garmin/GPX folder. This works fine although multiple maps end up in a single mapset listing so I can only turn On/Off a group of my custom maps. For example if I have; "Tims Trails, Snowmobile Trails, and GridMap" imgs they all are in a mapset called "cgpsmapper" in this case.

I was wondering if there is a way to have individual custom maps loaded to be able to toggle On/Off individual custom maps to be show or not?

Post #32...

Thanks John. I remembered that post but was hoping someone found a way around that. Funny, I can load multiple custom maps that way on my 60Cx card and show/hide any I want.

Likely it has to do with the Family name, Map #, Map ID, Map Name, Map Number, Series Name, etc. and such when a map is created.

If they are the same, they maps will show as one on the GPS.

I don't know what you are asking. I have a few maps loaded on my unit and select and deselect them as I see fit. I can't remember, off the top of my head, how to do it, but I know it's very easy.