Refresh when logging a find

I've notice lately that when I go to log a find that when I click on Found It the page refreshes. Sometimes it doesn't refresh until I'm halfway done typing my comment and then I have to start over. It seems to be related to the date somehow because at first it showns the month name (July) and after the refresh it shows the number (7). I'm sure there must be a reason for this but it significantly slows down my logging. Does anyone know if this is on purpose or a bug?

Edited by RockhoundMT

I've notice lately that when I go to log a find that when I click on Found It the page refreshes. Sometimes it doesn't refresh until I'm halfway done typing my comment and then I have to start over. It seems to be related to the date somehow because at first it showns the month name (July) and after the refresh it shows the number (7). I'm sure there must be a reason for this but it significantly slows down my logging. Does anyone know if this is on purpose or a bug?

It's intentional. Silly, but intentional.

Try logging with Firefox.. in my experience FF doesn't lose the text you've already typed. I could be wrong - I haven't tested that out too much.

Try logging with Firefox.. in my experience FF doesn't lose the text you've already typed. I could be wrong - I haven't tested that out too much.

I use Firefox and you do lose your text when it refreshes, so I wouldn't install FF just for this (install FF for lots of other reasons. :D ) For me it usually refreshes fast enough that I haven't started typing yet, sometimes after I've typed a word or two. Definitely annoying.

It does refresh with Firefox. It's annoying, but I've learned not to start typing until after the refresh, since I know it's coming.

I wonder, though. If I typed TFTC really fast, and hit the submit button, would the system accept the log???

It does refresh with Firefox. It's annoying, but I've learned not to start typing until after the refresh, since I know it's coming.

I wonder, though. If I typed TFTC really fast, and hit the submit button, would the system accept the log???

No. :D

It ticked me off one day.

But I have noticed, the connection speed plays a huge part. on a good connection it refreshes before I can type. On a slow wireless like in a hotel last week, it took about 15 seconds to refresh, I'd be done and hit submit and it would clear my log.

(edit spelling because I never learn)

Edited by Unkle Fester

The refresh appears to be for disabling the date when logging NM / SBA.

With Firefox and Prime Suspect's greasemonkey script for logging, my text no longer disappears. And July stays July, and does not change to "07".

Has he updated that script since the refresh began? 'Cause, I've been having problems with the refresh bouncing my cursor out of the text box. Very annoying to start typing, only to find I have to set my focus back to the textbox control.