Grab and Go?

The Cachebergers

I stopped by a "grab and go" cache today. While sitting on the road, the GPS was telling me cache was 175 yards to my right which was brushline/woods. :blink:

Does it sound like my gpsr was giving me bad coordinates or is this really considered "grab and go"?

The other grab and go I have been to was at a park n ride and there was no woods-walking involved.

Off to read logs on this cache...

TIA!

You would usually expect the cache to be pretty close to parking but there is certainly no hard and fast rule.

Personally I don't worry about how close I can park when I go for a cache. Sometimes it is really close and sometimes it is miles away.

Your example could certainly fall in the category depending the ease of the walk to the cache. Others may have a different take on it. :blink:

A .10 of a mile walking along a mowed/rock/asphalt path and the cache hidden right off the trail would be a grab-n-go to me.

A .10 of a mile over deadfalls, across a creek, up the side of steep ravine...not a grab-n-go. As others have said, it's all subjective.

Grab and go caches are defined by their lack of difficulty to get to/find and that sometimes has nothing to do with distance.

Bruce

Thanks, you guys! I guess this is all part of the learning curve!

I cache with kids so it is important for me to factor hike distance when I pick a cache.

I was thinking "grab and go" meant something I could hop out of my car and grab with the kiddos sitting right there within sight! I am glad to learn that this may not always be the case!

I appreciate all the responses. This forum is full with helpful people!

It's funny how it is all subjective! LOL I have found myself muttering "short walk off the path, indeed" hahaha!

:anitongue:

Love caching, lots of fun...thanks again for the help!!!