Free lock and lock

Is the coffee in the container or you get one seperate from the coffee container? Someone thought that Folgers had a lock-n-lock container as a promotional campaign but it never did come to fruition. My heart's not set on any particular brand of coffee so if it's the coffee container itself then I'm interested. No pics?

Is the coffee in the container or you get one seperate from the coffee container? Someone thought that Folgers had a lock-n-lock container as a promotional campaign but it never did come to fruition. My heart's not set on any particular brand of coffee so if it's the coffee container itself then I'm interested. No pics?

Last time this came up it was mentioned that the coffee was in the normal vacuum packed foil bags. I don't know for sure if it was the same brand or if it was reliable information but it makes a lot of sense.

I buy my beans in the section where you fill your own bag. The containers were at the base of the bean display. It said buy 10+ oz of Millstone coffee, either bulk or pre packaged and get a free container. So I picked up the container and filled my bag of coffee, took both to the counter and got my free lock and lock :)

I can post a picture shortly if you like.

edited to add: don't mind all the fingerprints on the coffee maker, I should have cleaned that before taking a picture LOL

Edited by simpler1773

That's not a Lock n Lock brand container. That's cheaper container, locally I can find those at the Dollar Store.

They turned out to be significantly less dry in the field. I've converted the handful that of those (the pink gasket is the identifying marker) to kitchen duty.

:) apparently keeping food dry and air tight isn't much of a priority for me, but keeping caches dry is IMPORTANT!.... :D

Edited by Isonzo Karst

That's not a Lock n Lock brand container. That's cheaper container, locally I can find those at the Dollar Store.

They turned out to be significantly less dry in the field. I've converted the handful that of those (the pink gasket is the identifying marker) to kitchen duty.

:) apparently keeping food dry and air tight isn't much of a priority for me, but keeping caches dry is IMPORTANT!.... :D

You are incorrect.

I posted regarding Millstone coffee LnL's in a thread a few weeks ago. They are being sold in my local Publix. I took a moment to check them out and they are indeed true Lock n Locks.

:D apparently keeping food dry and air tight isn't much of a priority for me, but keeping caches dry is IMPORTANT!.... :D

Okay, last night I had put my leftover brewed coffee in the container (I use it to dye fabric) and for the doubter(s) :) I turned it over to take a picture of the bottom. Happy to report not a drip of coffee came out, indicating to me it's most likely a reliable container. Hehe.

P6300038.jpg

Not sure how wide spread this promotion is, but I was just at my Fred Meyer (in Washington state), where if you buy 10+ oz of millstone coffee you get a free lock and lock.

Figured I'd let any coffee drinking hiders know :)

I checked at QFC in Woodinville last night on the way home and they didn't have them (that I saw). I'll have to check Freddies in Monroe tonight.

I even checked and...oh well, whatever...

I got it at Fred Meyer on 99 in Kent, or maybe it's Federal Way up there...but anyway, it's on 99.

Actually it is Des Moines.... I grew up near there on the other side of I5..........(small world)

I took a moment to check them out and they are indeed true Lock n Locks.

Thanks, I'm going grocery shopping today, must be time to buy some coffee :) though what I'm out of is coffee filters, but knowing my memory the Lock and Lock info will stick (mmmm, geocaching) and the coffee filters will still be sitting on the store shelf when I'm home putting up the purchases.

:) apparently keeping food dry and air tight isn't much of a priority for me, but keeping caches dry is IMPORTANT!.... :o

Okay, last night I had put my leftover brewed coffee in the container (I use it to dye fabric) and for the doubter(s) :unsure: I turned it over to take a picture of the bottom. Happy to report not a drip of coffee came out, indicating to me it's most likely a reliable container. Hehe.

P6300038.jpg

I wonder why they would give you a 43 oz. container with 10 ounces of coffee?

:o apparently keeping food dry and air tight isn't much of a priority for me, but keeping caches dry is IMPORTANT!.... :o

Okay, last night I had put my leftover brewed coffee in the container (I use it to dye fabric) and for the doubter(s) :unsure: I turned it over to take a picture of the bottom. Happy to report not a drip of coffee came out, indicating to me it's most likely a reliable container. Hehe.

P6300038.jpg

I wonder why they would give you a 43 oz. container with 10 ounces of coffee?

The coffee is 10 oz by weight and the container holds 43 oz liquid :)