BOWFELL

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE IS A GEO ON BOWFELL PLEASE ?

I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THERE IS,NT ONE !!

ALSO HOW DO I FIND WAYMARKS FOR GEO,S TO DOWNLOAD FOR MY GPS PLEASE .

AM I JUST DUMB OR WOT !! NO COMMENTS PLEASE

I don't find it hard to believe at all.

Martlakes is right - there doesn't have to be a cache on every summit (or railway station, supermarket car park, telephone box, motorway junction, ...) and indeed many of the best caches in the Lake District aren't right on the summits.

Whilst it is true that every summit doesn't HAVE to have a cache on it,and also true that some of the best caches in the Lakes are on lower levels,it is also true in my humble opinion that some of the best caches are indeed placed on summits.

When Charlie's SOTA cache program appeared a couple of years or so ago,I personally saw it as a breath of fresh air,and eagerly visited all of them in the Lakes as well in other area's, therefore I for one WOULD be happy to see and visit a cache on EVERY summit in the Lake District.

Bowfell at 2960 Feet is a great climb if the tourist route (The Band) is avoided at peak periods,Wainwright even dedicated 20 pages to the mountain,the summit has superb views especially W. to the Scafells,maybe the lack of a cache here should be rectified. ;)

there doesn't have to be a cache on every summit (or railway station, supermarket car park, telephone box, motorway junction, ...) and indeed many of the best caches in the Lake District aren't right on the summits.

Well said! Time we ended this obsession with putting caches absolutely everywhere just for the sake of it :mad:

wish i had not bothered !!

too much agressive responses , thanks a lot !!!

Pardon? :o The only post that appeared aggressive was your first post. We know you didn't mean it aggressively but writing in all capital letters is considered to be somewhat rude (it comes across as shouting).

You got the answer you asked for (that the nearest seems to be GC16KCZ in case you missed it) and what followed was a debate on Lakeland cache (of which many are the finest examples of geocaches you'll ever find).

Nobody was aggressive towards you.

Agressive... you should see some responses to posts in these forums... the ones here were helpful and offered suggestions. Why not place one there yourself as the location is free. Cheers and welcome... MaxKim.