TB Changing Room

swizzle

I had an idea for a TB cache called a TB Changing Room. You take any bug that has a boring mission and put it in here. Then the next person to grab it takes the item off and puts on a new one along with a new mission statement. Ok let the comments begin. I want as many opinions as possible. Thanx, Swizzle

No one should be changing anyone's travel bug, but their own. You should not remove an item and change it, without the permission of the owner. Once in a while, some won't mind if you add to one, but do not change, alter, add to, detract from, bend, fold, spindle or mutilate anyone else's travel bug, without their say so. Some people don't even want their travel bug put in a plastic bag, or have a laminated tag added. Always ask. Your idea might be fun, but not for the owners of those travel bugs. And then, the holder/finder may have to wait weeks for an answer. They have to find something to change it with. Then travel bugs will end up getting lost, set aside and forgotten while waiting for an answer. Then you need people to actually read the travel bug goal AND the cache page, to know what to do, and you'll get newbies who don't understand the logging and then some day, later on, someone will find the travel bug in a cache way far away from where it was last seen, and they'll be confused, because none of the photos on the travel bug page look like what they found but they won't even know we have a forums here, so they won't know who or where to ask what to do, and.... and oh, I could go on and on about the domino reaction in the travel bug time space continuum. But you see my point?

Maybe a 2 part cache. One side a changing room and the other just an exchange. I agree about first notifying the original owner first. Do you think if I had somewhat strict guidelines about contacting the owner of a TB that a cacher might just go ahead and change them all anyways without contacting the onwers? My intentions are to give a boring TB a new chance at having a fun mission and maybe increasing the amount of discover and retrieve logs for the original owners. Swizzle

My intentions are to give a boring TB a new chance at having a fun mission and maybe increasing the amount of discover and retrieve logs for the original owners. Swizzle

Do you mean like collecting photos of walking sticks?

One of my favorite bug's goal (goals?) is to simply move from cache to cache. Why in the heck would I need to change a thing? It's perfect. And it has 5 watchers.

The Red Travel Bug of Happiness

Touch that bug and I would become extremely upset.

edi: bug's goal's? hmmmm

Edited by BlueDeuce

Making walking sticks is a hobby of mine that I enjoy and my intentions were to see some others handy works. I suppose a TB Changing Room might be a little to much. I know there are people out there that activate a TB and then struggle to think of a cool goal for it. I guess my idea was to have owners hear different ideas about what another cacher might think is a cool goal. From what little I've read so far and the slight person jab I think it best to not have this type of cache at all. Thanx for your honesty. Swizzle

Making walking sticks is a hobby of mine that I enjoy and my intentions were to see some others handy works. I suppose a TB Changing Room might be a little to much. I know there are people out there that activate a TB and then struggle to think of a cool goal for it. I guess my idea was to have owners hear different ideas about what another cacher might think is a cool goal. From what little I've read so far and the slight person jab I think it best to not have this type of cache at all. Thanx for your honesty. Swizzle

So I'll assume that you wouldn't like someone changing your traveler because they thought it was boring by their standards. Good for you. :unsure:

Horrible, awful idea. Those Travel Bugs are purchased and owned by someone, and NOBODY has the right to just decide they don't like the mission and item of someone else TB and just change it. Anyone makes a cache like that around me, and I'm going to make it my personal mission to grab every TB out of there before someone messes with someone elses TB, and continue them on their original mission.

Maybe a 2 part cache. One side a changing room and the other just an exchange. I agree about first notifying the original owner first. Do you think if I had somewhat strict guidelines about contacting the owner of a TB that a cacher might just go ahead and change them all anyways without contacting the onwers? My intentions are to give a boring TB a new chance at having a fun mission and maybe increasing the amount of discover and retrieve logs for the original owners. Swizzle

Although I don't own a TB, I do know that forcing someone to 'exchange' bugs will get you title of Warden at the local TB Penitentiary.

Oh yeah, forgot to add..... What makes your opinion of my TBs mission more important than mine? Just because you think it's dumb or boring doesn't mean I didn't put thought into it and/or maybe some sentimental reason for the journey.

Edited by DiamondDaveG