Proper way to log a second visit

DACooper

What is the proper way to log a second visit to a cache?

I picked up some TB's from another cache across town to move to one that I had been at earlier in the week, when I logged it as found it, it increased my cache count, well I didn't think that was the right way to do it, so i deleted the note and just put it as a note with dropping the TB's attached.

Is doing it as a note the 'acceptable' way or just log it as another find?

What you want to do is go back to that second logging and change it to "write a note". Then put in the information you want about picking up or dropping off geocoin/travel bug drops. Write a note is also a really good way of telling the geocache owner stuff that may need to be looked at. Like construction is close to the cache site.. That kind of thing.

-HHH :laughing:

Yeah there have been some "competitive" types of people to whom cache count is a holly grail & they endeavour to maximize their count anyway they can..

They'll post a "found it" on initial find. Then,

They'll post another "found it" if returning with a friend who's looking for it. Then..

They'll post ANOTHER "found it" when dropping/grabbing a Travel bug etc from the same cache..

I don't know why some people have this urgent competitive streak. The same people will NEVER do a mult-cache because they only get credited one "found" after finding the whole series.. :laughing:

It's good to see other people (like you guys!) whom hold ethics over cache count B)

Once you write a note to drop your travel bugs, many users appreciate if your promptly delete your log. I never thought about this until someone pointed it out on these forums. Then a cacher will see the most recent logs of someone searching for the cache, not of someone dropping TB's.

First of all mistakes happen, a lot, then handling TB's. Bug will get dropped in the wrong cache or it is not there is should be and so on... It is much easier to track them down they you can verify what and when mistake happend.

Of course notes might not help all the cases, but is has been useful to me in many times.