Garmin Oregon 300 topo map

Hy

I'm planing to but a Garmin Oregon 300 device but before I do that I need to know if the device supports a topo map and how much it costs or where can I get it if it's free.

My current device is a Magellan Meridian Colour that has a basic topographic map of Europe. Garmin would need a routable card (city navigator will do for road trips) and a topographic map of Slovenia (found one), Austria (check), Germany (can't find one) and Italy (can't find one). I'm from Slovenia so I need all the neighbouring countries. Or will a routable card do for geocaching.

Thanks for the answer

The European version of the Oregon 400t comes with a European topo map but I don't believe Garmin sells this as a separate map product. Depending on your location Garmin may sell a topo map for your country or you may be able to find free maps.

Note many of Garmin's topo maps don't support auto routing for street navigation - if you want this capability you will need to look at something like City Navigator NT Europe.

Yes I wrote that i'll need more maps so i know that i'll need a topo map and a routable map but my question was "Does anyone know if Italy and Germany have topo maps for their country".

I don't plan to buy Oregon 400 because it's price is a little steep. I'll use 300 and a topo map+routable map of my country. Garmin's website also states that it has a basic map installed. Does anyone know if it's a topo map or just a basic routable map. and if it covers Europe.

Edited by bpivk