Caches not published

Team Birdaholic

I have a TB in NH that has been moved. When I try to go to the cache it says its inpublished. Wrote to the owner and he says it is. Now two other TB that have been placed (California/Utah) both say their cache is unpublished. Is this a glitch at GC.com? Does anyone else have this problem?

Birdaholic.

I have a TB in NH that has been moved. When I try to go to the cache it says its inpublished. Wrote to the owner and he says it is. Now two other TB that have been placed (California/Utah) both say their cache is unpublished. Is this a glitch at GC.com? Does anyone else have this problem?

Birdaholic.

The owner of the cache can place a TB or Coin in their own cache before it is published. Perhaps that is what has transpired with your TBs. See if the caches get published in the next 72 hours.

It's not unusual to receive a notification that your TB has been placed somewhere... then when you try and look at that cache it comes up as "unpublished". This is because owners of brand new caches very often drop trackables into their new cache listing before it's been reviewed and listed. (It would be much better if they dropped trackables in after publication, but that's another topic).

Usually all is well and the cache listing gets published within a day of two. Sometimes the cache doesn't get published for some reason and then it can be annoying if the owner doesn't remove your trackable and so it gets "stuck" for a while.

However, your case where the owner's telling you that the cache has been published but you're not able to see it is a bit odd... Are you sure you were logged into the site when you tried to view it? Could you give us the GC number of the cache so we can check on it? :)

MrsB

Ogden Photo Hunt #2 - Toll Gate (dont know the GC number as I cant get to it.

The Castaic Coffee Can Cache

TB2JFQV TB2HTKV

These are the other two showing not published when I click on the link in the email.

Yes I am logged on. Have tried a search for them by keywords and nothing comes up.

Thanks

Ogden Photo Hunt #2 - Toll Gate (dont know the GC number as I cant get to it.

The Castaic Coffee Can Cache

TB2JFQV TB2HTKV

These are the other two showing not published when I click on the link in the email.

Yes I am logged on. Have tried a search for them by keywords and nothing comes up.

Thanks

The second one was just published. The first one will be published soon after the cache owner answers some simple questions posed by the reviewer.

Patience, grasshopper.