pocket query to my vista cx

gilliancclarke

Hi all

I have an oregon 300 which is easy to download the caches from the computer and 'drop' the files from the email to the garmin drive on my pc.

HOWEVER

When I try to do this with my daughters vista cx with the usb cables attached my computer doesnt bring up the Garmin drive in 'My computer' so i've nowhere to drop the pocket query files into. Why is this? - pls tell me I can put pocket queries into this???!?! What am I doing wrong???

Thanks

gillian

Hi all

I have an oregon 300 which is easy to download the caches from the computer and 'drop' the files from the email to the garmin drive on my pc.

HOWEVER

When I try to do this with my daughters vista cx with the usb cables attached my computer doesnt bring up the Garmin drive in 'My computer' so i've nowhere to drop the pocket query files into. Why is this? - pls tell me I can put pocket queries into this???!?! What am I doing wrong???

Thanks

gillian

This would be the reason to use MapSource, GSAK, EasyGPS, or one of several other programs to send to the GPS.

Hi all

HOWEVER

Thanks

gillian

This would be the reason to use MapSource, GSAK, EasyGPS, or one of several other programs to send to the GPS.

I use GSAK to load PQ's in my Garmin Vista HCX.

Thanks all, which one works best downloading multiple caches from pocket queries? Is it right to say that the orgeon does not need addition software then?

Colorados and Oregons need no software to load a GPX. The eTrex series requires it. I'll recomend the free EasyGPS latest version. It supports sending friendly names and hints to the vista units. Think semi-paperless.