Maps make IE crash

Babsbaby

I've recently started having the problem whereby when I try and open the Google Map on a cache page, it starts to open in a new window but then closes down all Internet Explorer Windows I have open. This started happening a couple of weeks ago. Can anyone throw any light on what might be going on here? Cheers!

What Operasting System do you have? Service packs? What version of IE?

Hi!

I'm running Windows XP, Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer is version 7.0.5730.11|s.

Well that's what the machine tells me. Does that help? Maps have been running happily for the last 18 months.

I've recently started having the problem whereby when I try and open the Google Map on a cache page, it starts to open in a new window but then closes down all Internet Explorer Windows I have open. This started happening a couple of weeks ago. Can anyone throw any light on what might be going on here? Cheers!

What software was installed a couple weeks ago?

I haven't installed any new software. In fact, I've run my housekeeping utilities and have cleared out a whole lot of rubbish in an attempt to fix this problem.

Try upgrading to IE 8 - it is stable and actually is compliant with some standards.

Thank you for your kind advice. I tried the Mozilla Firefox approach and the Geocaching Maps show up fine and somewhat quicker than previously. One drawback was when I printed one off and I got blank squares instead of the GC icons. Not a major issue, but I'm curious to know what's going on now!