Sign or Stamp log book?

i was just curious as to where you guys had those made for you at?
Mine's hand carved from an eraser. Gives it that rustic look, and is free. :D

Local print shop here. More expensive ($15 or so) but I'm not handy at carving. I did have to make the design myself which the shop then scanned for the stamp. There are online places to order from also. One thing to remember: don't just look at the size of the imprint but also look at the size of the stamper itself. I know a couple of people that got small imprints (1/4" X 1.5" or so) but the stamper is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. My stamper is close in size to a roll of nickels.

I was browsing for something else and stumbled upon this:

https://chqualitycoins.buildastamp.com/

I've never ordered from them and only glanced at what's available. Smallest is a 5/8" round stamp.

I made a free (+ shipping) stamp, text only, no graphics, when I started geocaching, but hardly ever use them. Needs a flat surface, needs more space in logbook. And since I need to take my pen out to write the date anyway, it takes more time than just signing with a pen.

My daughters use a Chinese name stamp (chop) when they go letterboxing. Hand carved in China when I was there on a business trip.

To Corp of Discovery : do you have a photo of your stamper?

Edited by Chrysalides
As members are we allowed to include the " Goecaching.com" logo with our own logo on a stamp ? or is it a bad idea ?

http://www.geocaching.com/about/logousage.aspx

We are also willing to make allowances for those of you who have creative ideas and want to do something fun for your friends and fellow Geocachers. The Groundspeak Geocaching Logo may be used only on non-commercial items. These items may include, but are not limited to shirts, hats, coins, logbooks, stickers and cache containers. Additionally, the Groundspeak Geocaching logo may not be modified in any way. If the lifetime use of the design is less than 25 units, you may consider permission automatically granted. These items may not, under any circumstance, be sold. For larger numbers of items, please request permission by sending an email to logo@Groundspeak.com.

I take that to be "yes". However, bear in mind that it takes up valuable real estate on a tiny stamp.

We would like to get one but haven't. I think caching would be much more interesting if it was like letter boxing regarding stamps.

I am embarrassed to say that i did spend a bit of time designing and cutting out a stamp for us. Halfway through carving I realized that I hadn't carved it backwards. Dummy. :D:D:D

Here ya go:

Forgot to add: my main reason for using a stamp is that my handwriting is very bad. :D

Thanks, appreciate it!

My handwriting is pretty atrocious too. To compensate, I use a red pen. If ever challenged by a cache owner (hasn't happened yet), I'd ask them to look for a scrawl starting with "c" in red :D

One reason I started thinking a stamp may help occasionally is my first find was small and although well protected..and after being rolled many times the paper was on the soft side . Signing log requires being very carefull as paper was delicate. In that type of case I think a stamp may help.

[delete - dup - sorry - glitchy system]

I've seen many double posts, a few triples, one quadruple, but I never thought I'd see quintuple posts :)

Just so that this is not a useless post, I found the link for the free rubber stamp. They charge like $5.45 for shipping though the last time I ordered. Different color ink, stamp, font options, etc. are all extra.

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/studio3.as...ategory_id=5094

If link doesn't work, just go to Vista Print's website and look for free products.