Go Geocaching or Go Home!

Cabarama

Hello Cachers,

I'm in the progress of making series of caches. each cache starts with: "Go Geocaching of Go Home." Then it has its on mission. There is many missions, such as; picking up trash, taking a picture of a certain item, ect..

Then when you find the cache, and sign the log there will be a certain code number on there. You email me the code and the mission will be complete.

This is a kinda spy thing that i want to do. It will be loads of fun and its not all gonna be traditional caches. There will be mystery, multi, virtual, and some events.

Hope this works out.

Any comments or suggestions could help, thanks in advance.

- GeoCab.

Hello Cachers,

I'm in the progress of making series of caches. each cache starts with: "Go Geocaching of Go Home." Then it has its on mission. There is many missions, such as; picking up trash, taking a picture of a certain item, ect..

Then when you find the cache, and sign the log there will be a certain code number on there. You email me the code and the mission will be complete.

This is a kinda spy thing that i want to do. It will be loads of fun and its not all gonna be traditional caches. There will be mystery, multi, virtual, and some events.

Hope this works out.

- GeoCab.

Well, unfortunately ALR caches (that is - caches where you have to do 'something' in order to be able to log the cache) are pretty much no longer allowed.

So my comment is that before you get them all set up you read the cache placement guidelines really really, REALLY well then email your local reviewer and check if any ideas that you still have left are A OK to get published. DO all that well before you go about setting any thing up, or you wil be disappointed when they are not able to be published.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news

Annie

Hello Cachers,

Hope this works out.

- GeoCab.

Well, unfortunately ALR caches (that is - caches where you have to do 'something' in order to be able to log the cache) are pretty much no longer allowed.

So my comment is that before you get them all set up you read the cache placement guidelines really really, REALLY well then email your local reviewer and check if any ideas that you still have left are A OK to get published. DO all that well before you go about setting any thing up, or you wil be disappointed when they are not able to be published.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news

Annie

You can still suggest that cachers do things listed on the cache page, but as per the ALR (Additional Logging Requirement) ban recently, you can no longer make them a requirement to log the cache...

Yes ALRs are banned (where you require someone to do something or it doesn't count). But for your spy scenario, I think the following wording would work as a suggestion:

Your mission, should you *choose* to accept it, is to collect 3 items of trash in the part and properly dispose of them before finding the cache and logging your find.

You can't force them to do it, i understand, but probably many people would anyway, since it's fun and a good idea anyway.

:unsure:

Sounds awesome, and good luck!

Hello Cachers,

Hope this works out.

- GeoCab.

All the ALR stuff that everyone else has mentioned is key to your idea. I think that your idea is totally doable though with some clever wording and imagination!

I'm pretty sure that you can't create anymore virtuals too. I'de have to look again but I'm almost positive. I'm going to FL this Christmas and I'll check before I go to see if any of these are up!

I think you can do what you want with the idea but they will all have to be mysteries/puzzles if you have ALR. At least that was my understanding......am I wrong.

Scubasonic

You need to read the guideline change which became effective earlier this month.

Just to summarize the thread so far:

-- Virtual caches are no longer listed. Use the virtual point of interest as the first stage in a multicache.

-- Code word caches are no longer listed. Validate finds by checking your logbook, if desired.

-- Cache owners can no longer delete finds due solely to a finder's failure to satisfy additional logging requirements. Optional suggestions are fine.

I think you can do what you want with the idea but they will all have to be mysteries/puzzles if you have ALR. At least that was my understanding......am I wrong.

Scubasonic

I believe that having an ALR was the reason for the cache to be listed as a puzzle/mystery. Now that ALR's are optional, you should be able to list the cache as whatever type you set it up as.

Bruce