Blog for Western geocachers

drgnflyz

Very nice! You might like to add the WSGA website link to your page: http://www.wsgaonline.org.

Lots of info that I didn't have time to delve in to but I will be back. Thanks for putting all of the effort into making this a valuable resource.

Like TL mentioned not all of the picture links are working.

Done! The only pics I can see that are not working are in the forums section of the first article- do you see others? I am so new to this I don't even know how else to check! Thanks for your input!

Very nice! You might like to add the WSGA website link to your page: http://www.wsgaonline.org.

Lots of info that I didn't have time to delve in to but I will be back. Thanks for putting all of the effort into making this a valuable resource.

Like TL mentioned not all of the picture links are working.

Done! The only pics I can see that are not working are in the forums section of the first article- do you see others? I am so new to this I don't even know how else to check! Thanks for your input!

I can't see the ammo box in the caches section, Montana Geocachers Forum and Alaska Geocachers Forum. Don't see any link in the body of the article for the WSGA. I see it on the side.

Edited by WRASTRO

It does look great and is well written.

One problem that I do see is your listing of travel bug tracking numbers on the site and recommending that others list those numbers in a log.

Tracking numbers have been taken and used in virtual finds in the past and some TB's have been shut down because of the virtual logging.

Here is a forum thread explaining the practice.

Here is the most recent reference to the practice I could find in the forums.

It does look great and is well written.

One problem that I do see is your listing of travel bug tracking numbers on the site and recommending that others list those numbers in a log.

Tracking numbers have been taken and used in virtual finds in the past and some TB's have been shut down because of the virtual logging.

Here is a forum thread explaining the practice.

Here is the most recent reference to the practice I could find in the forums.

Total agreement. You should be recommending the exact opposite - never post TB tracking numbers in your logs, or have them visible in a TB photo that you post. This allows anyone to log the TB, without ever seeing it, so it's considered really bad form to post tracking numbers. Indeed, each TB page has a note at the top: "Use TBxxxxx to reference this item." This reference ID is different from the tracking number and can be used without compromising the tracking. In my experience, tho, most folks just mention the TB by its name, since that's how it appears in listings.

Edited by hydnsek