enabling dgps on 60csx

When I first began working through the screens on my new 60csx, I'd swear I saw pull-down menu for selecting dgps vs. gps. I also found the waas enable option. Now I can't find the dgps menu item anywhere. I even called Garmin and the tech rep said he'd never heard of it. Was I hallucinating?

When I first began working through the screens on my new 60csx, I'd swear I saw pull-down menu for selecting dgps vs. gps. I also found the waas enable option. Now I can't find the dgps menu item anywhere. I even called Garmin and the tech rep said he'd never heard of it. Was I hallucinating?

mine doesn't have a dgps feature but does offer waas support (i believe it is same thing just different initials)

bryan

Edited by bwmick

The WAAS/EGNOS setting can be found by hitting Menu twice, and selecting Setup, then System.

When I first began working through the screens on my new 60csx, I'd swear I saw pull-down menu for selecting dgps vs. gps..... Was I hallucinating?

Look under Setup => Interface => Serial Data Format and select GARMIN DGPS. Note that this would only be of use if you have a DifferentialGPS radio receiver and are near a station broadcasting the correction signals.

Edit to add that Red CBX is correct - I took the menu steps above from my 76C

Edited by PDOP's