Forum Adverts

NeoCult

Just about as wrong as every other commercial on TV and radio, advertising the H*rd on pills and every other made up " 'drug company' scare tactic/enableising" ad. When did the people/men in this country become so limp. Im sure there are cases where this is needed, but cmon. If you think Im wrong then rip me, but that the way I feel.

I looked into this and we actually need your help before the ad can be removed.

Unless someone clicks on the ad and provides us with a destination URL, we have no clue which ad it is. Someone please click it (I know, sorry!) when it comes up and email the URL to contact@geocaching.com. Thank you!

NeoCult,

Are you sure that your computer might not have any spyware or adware that is replacing the site's ads with, well, less family oriented ones within your browser? I've only ever seen text ads on this forum, and they always have the "ads by Google" banner somewhere on them.

I looked into this and we actually need your help before the ad can be removed.

Unless someone clicks on the ad and provides us with a destination URL, we have no clue which ad it is. Someone please click it (I know, sorry!) when it comes up and email the URL to contact@geocaching.com. Thank you!

I use FF with ABP and didn't even know there were ads. I have no shame and would click it, but when I disabled ABP and refreshed the page about 20 times, only Google text ads came up. Didn't ever see any picture ads. Sorry I couldn't help.

Why should I adjust my computer filters for me to use a family forum ?

Groundspeak should not accept such adverts in the first place.

Groundspeak have the Ads supplied by Google.

However, Groundspeak have a say in what Ads can and can't be shown.

The offending Advert is one Groundspeak don't want, so need to know the link to get it removed.

(If it is one supplied by Google, and not some malicious malware, or other, on the OP's computer...)