New Caches not being Published

RockhoundMT

Is anyone having trouble with their new caches not being published? I'm in Western Montana and between myself (RockhoundMT) my mother (Beadgal) and father (Log Guy) we have 12 caches waiting to publish. All of them have been waiting at least 4 days, some of them a full week. I know that the reviewers are voluntary and I think we only have 2 covering our area but I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some technical difficulty involved. Honestly, I'm not b****ing, I know how busy the reviewers are, I'm just wondering what's up.

Is anyone having trouble with their new caches not being published? I'm in Western Montana and between myself (RockhoundMT) my mother (Beadgal) and father (Log Guy) we have 12 caches waiting to publish. All of them have been waiting at least 4 days, some of them a full week. I know that the reviewers are voluntary and I think we only have 2 covering our area but I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some technical difficulty involved. Honestly, I'm not b****ing, I know how busy the reviewers are, I'm just wondering what's up.

Have you checked to make sure that the "check box" is checked so the reviewers can see the listing. If is not checked they don't even know the new cache is there. Just a thought.

They are patiently waiting in the queue for one of the Montana reviewers to get to them.

However in the meantime I will give you a hint that your Broken Arrow cache and Log Guy's Sword Play cache are too close to each other. Only one of them can be published. You should discuss and decide which one and disable the other.

There may be other issues that I'm not aware of since I'm not local, but the proximity applies everywhere.

They are patiently waiting in the queue for one of the Montana reviewers to get to them.

However in the meantime I will give you a hint that your Broken Arrow cache and Log Guy's Sword Play cache are too close to each other. Only one of them can be published. You should discuss and decide which one and disable the other.

There may be other issues that I'm not aware of since I'm not local, but the proximity applies everywhere.

Except when there is an exception.

Hi Rockhound! I've had some of mine take close to a month to be published. Sometimes it's very fast, a matter of a few hours, others take much longer for some reason. I think it's all just a matter of how busy the reviewers are and how many are in the queue ahead of mine. The first time it happened I panicked but now I don't start to actually worry until it's been at least 2 weeks, even though it is frustrating.

Oh I do wish they wouldn't let our most humble reviwers work, sleep, go on holiday or eat for that matter - they should spend 24 7 in front of their computer screens waiting for caches to drop in to the que.

Maybe this is how you get a platinum membership or are reviewers exempt? :lol::laughing:

Just out of intrest who reviews the reviewrs? - surley we let them place their own caches. Or is that what platinum members are for and reviewers as such are exempt from platinum membership? ;)

And yes I spend hours looking at my inbox after I have sumitted one for review.

Oh I do wish they wouldn't let our most humble reviwers work, sleep, go on holiday or eat for that matter - they should spend 24 7 in front of their computer screens waiting for caches to drop in to the que.

Maybe this is how you get a platinum membership or are reviewers exempt? :lol::laughing:

Just out of intrest who reviews the reviewrs? - surley we let them place their own caches. Or is that what platinum members are for and reviewers as such are exempt from platinum membership? ;)

And yes I spend hours looking at my inbox after I have sumitted one for review.

Although Reviewers have the ability to publish their own caches, from what I hear most of them have another Reviewer do it for them.

I publish all my own cache hides, unless I see an interpretive question where my hide is pushing a guideline. In such cases I ask another volunteer to handle the review.

As we head into the busy spring hiding season, I try to be conscious of my backlogged workload. I would not publish one of my own cache hides unless *every* cache submission in my territory had first been reviewed.

In my territory, I start receiving complaints after a cache has been awaiting review for 3 to 5 days. We do our best to keep up with the pace of the cache hiders.

I publish all my own cache hides, unless I see an interpretive question where my hide is pushing a guideline. In such cases I ask another volunteer to handle the review.

As we head into the busy spring hiding season, I try to be conscious of my backlogged workload. I would not publish one of my own cache hides unless *every* cache submission in my territory had first been reviewed.

In my territory, I start receiving complaints after a cache has been awaiting review for 3 to 5 days. We do our best to keep up with the pace of the cache hiders.

Thank you it was a question I had wonderd about.

If revewiers are trusted enougth to review and publish other pepoles caches then I agree with your stance Keystone, as reviewer you know the guidlines inside out and if it might be questionable then it apears that you seek it upon yourself to ask for a second opinion.

I think that this is great. It is great that we can trust our reviwers and so they may trust us (with in reason.)

Is this the same in all countries/ territories? - I think it's great the trust that is shown agmongst the community

Hi, I have a new cache waiting to be published in Pa. I missed the reviewers 1st e-mail due to all the e-mails I was getting from geocaching on ones being found..I hope it gets published soon--not sure what to do next-I`ts my 1st one to hide and posted it on March 20th-- :laughing:

Hi, I have a new cache waiting to be published in Pa. I missed the reviewers 1st e-mail due to all the e-mails I was getting from geocaching on ones being found..I hope it gets published soon--not sure what to do next-I`ts my 1st one to hide and posted it on March 20th-- :laughing:

From the miain site if you click on "my profile" then at the top next to where it says geocaches click on "mine" and it will show you a list of published caches.

If not then it should still be at the top of you profile page under the words "My caches waiting for review," if so you should look at the relevent cache page and see if your local revewer has left a 'reviwer's note' if so it may indicate that you need to make an adjustment to the the cache/ page in order for it to meet the guidelines.

Edit: what Keystone said.

Edited by Hampshire_Hog

Every time I read about reviewer, cache publication delays, I am reminded as to just how GREAT our two Southern California reviewers are. "Kosh" once published one of my caches two minutes after submission, and the "Captain" has always been more than responsive when I have had any issues, questions or problems. I can honestly say that if one of my submissions sat in the queue for "3 to 5 days", I'd be honestly concerned about their well being, much more than that of my cache.

I just want to publicly say, Thanks Guys!