Garmin customer services....

PSHAX

Just a quickie to show some public praise for Garmins UK customer services..

Yesterday my shiny new Colorado 300 arrived, was quickly unboxed and fiddled with.

Got home, hunted high and low for my Topo DVD, and after finding it, found the US website wouldn't let me get a second licence code. :antenna:

Well, to make a short story longer, I called Garmin this morning, and 7 minutes later, I had the required second licence code and necessary Topo update info emailed to me. :antenna:

Edited by PSHAX

Not had many dealings with them, and none recently, but when I did they seemed to genuinely understand the phrase Customer Service. Highly recommended.

Unlike insurance company who left me queuing for 48 minutes the other day - after about 5 minutes I decided to put on speaker phone and wait and see how long it would take to get a response. At 48 minutes I decided I couldn't listen to their 'your call is important to us' message any more. Direct Line since you ask :laughing:

I dropped my 60Cx gps, breaking the battery cover.

I emailed customer services asking where I could get a replacement from.

They emailed back the same day and said that you cannot buy battery covers as they are not accessories, but they would send me a new one in the post. FREE

They posted it out the same day.

Could not ask for more.

Few weeks ago the screen on our Legend cracked for no apparent reason .

Phoned Garmin ,took it to them on a Tuesday and two days later another , refurbished, unit arrived in the post .

No invoice ,no postage charge ,no charge at all .

And the receptionist was very polite and friendly.

Just a quickie to show some public praise for Garmins UK customer services..

Yesterday my shiny new Colorado 300 arrived, was quickly unboxed and fiddled with.

Got home, hunted high and low for my Topo DVD, and after finding it, found the US website wouldn't let me get a second licence code. :ph34r:

Well, to make a short story longer, I called Garmin this morning, and 7 minutes later, I had the required second licence code and necessary Topo update info emailed to me. :)

I have to agree

Their service is second to none !

On 2 occaions my etrex cx failed and the unit was replaced F.O.C even though out of warranty.

Will certainly go back to them when I need an upgrade [soon]

My Renault Espace however continually broke down and Renault were incompetant in all aspects of their business..... I will never ever purchase another one of their cars.

Take note manufacturers - the power of the internet is inescapable.

:DB):P:D