off line logs

How are you keeping your off line logs ?

Is there a db available to log the find, notes, photos, investigations etc?

At the moment I am making a folder, adding a doc and photos etc, but this does not seem to be efficient. I would think that a database file would be the most useful has any one got something like this for the PC.

:)

Excuse me if I'm missing something, but what is the purpose of an off-line log? :antenna:

For me.

Local multi's and puzzles get done "In passing"

ie If I'm passing I get part of the information (Start clue etc.) and work on it at home. Then get the next clue another time. Until I get all/the final co-ords, and then "Go Caching" for the box!

Now, if I have the photo of the signpost that gives the numbers needed for the cache, do you really want me to post it on-line on the cache page? :antenna::D

Both keehotee and Bear and Ragged have the reason I keep an off line log.

Keeping photos and notes about anything to do with a cache are not covered by GSAK. But I really would like a searchable database file that I could copy and paste and drag and drop to I just wondered if anyone eles had the same problem and maybe had a solution as well. Perhaps I'll have to get the hammer and nails out and build my own database now where's my Dummies Guide.

Keeping photos and notes about anything to do with a cache are not covered by GSAK. But I really would like a searchable database file that I could copy and paste and drag and drop to I just wondered if anyone eles had the same problem and maybe had a solution as well. Perhaps I'll have to get the hammer and nails out and build my own database now where's my Dummies Guide.

Why not use Evernote, it is FREE unless you want the ability to synchronise the data to the web, or access it on your mobile phone [iPhone, Windows Mobile]. This is as free form as it gets and searchable in both text and graphics too. Comes complete with plugins for IE and Firefox and a generic clipper too. Drag and drop is supported.

http://www.evernote.com

Let me know what you think?

No I don't work for them or have any relationship with them, I just use the software.

Regards,

Martin

If you want to save pics related to different caches that you have found try looking at Geocache Log as one of its many features is the ability to save up to 4 pictures for each cache.

Geocache Log

It does most of the things that GSAK does as well and is all easy menu driven.

Why not use Evernote, it is FREE unless you want the ability to synchronise the data to the web, or access it on your mobile phone [iPhone, Windows Mobile]. This is as free form as it gets and searchable in both text and graphics too. Comes complete with plugins for IE and Firefox and a generic clipper too. Drag and drop is supported.

http://www.evernote.com

Let me know what you think?

Regards,

Martin

Having tried the others, I tried Evernote. I never thought of this type of usage, while it is quite good at what it does it ain't a patch on Google Notebook. The only thing Evernote does better is printing, as Notebook is very strange in its output!!? I believe that Notebook is being phased out so may have to look at Zoho or Evernote again.

Thanks for the idea Martin, its not exactly what I want but I'll persevere.

Steve