Easy question

If there is no tracking numberthen it is probobly swg that you can take with you.

Although I did once find a stone with a note saying that it wanted to go to Worth Matravers in Dorset which I helped on its way, as it wasn't 'official' there wasn't any need and realy all items with a goal should have prpoer tag otherwise they are technicaly swag? - I think?.

Any little trinkets you find in a cache are for trading (yes, even eyeballs!). It's part of the fun to find a cool item in a cache and leave something else. I try to stock my large caches with kid-friendly toys from the party store or with toys my kids no longer play with. Have fun trading. :)

We came across a 'geocard' an un-official sort of trackable.

It was a laminated card with a picture of a Jack Russell on it who liked to go to woods and footpaths so we took him from Derbyshire to Staffordshire and left him in a cache on a popular dog walk. We emailed the owners on the address provided when we found and left.

Just lately we are swapping mainly for 'english' items i.e. letter box keyring, Mini car keyring etc etc. As we are off to visit our mates in Darwin, Australia in September so thought that we'd take some really English trades with us. We've bought some already and swapped some super things too. We do try to leave some fun items and always trade even or up.

The eyeball sounds rather fun though :):P

Thanks all for that - that explains it then! I suppose it's a good way of getting rid of stuff. Now to create a cache big enough to get rid of those broken fence panels down the side of my house! :ph34r:

I know you're only joking, but trades should never be broken items or junk.

I always say "Leave only trades you would want to find", otherwise you are just leaving rubbish for someone else to have to throw out.