Couple Garmin Oregon questions...

I don't notice an issue with the touchscreen and I have a screen shield installed. I do notice that when the backlight is off, you have to tap it once, and then you can use it, sort of have to wake it up. I have used it with gloves and in the rain and no issue. You do have to press a little harder then say the iPod touch / iPhone.

The Oregon does not average waypoints :ph34r:

Edited by pklong911

Do you have some kind of screen protector. I found I have to use just a tad more effort to do everything since I installed mine.

Also - at least me and a few others around here maintain that averaging is not necessary. One of the follow is what is most likely to happen.

• You have a nice clear of view of the sky with lots of sats in good Geometry - result - one reading is as good as averaging
  • You have poor signal strength, few sats and/or poor geometry - result - you are just averaging bad data
  • Sat signals are decent enough, geometry of them is so-so - result - averaging blends in 1 or 2 bad readings with the good. You end up with a so-so coordinate - no worse than a single reading and backing off to make certain it points back to the cache location.

Averaging can help on occasion but generally speaking no better then letting your unit settle down at the spot and taking a single read.