What to do with FTN?

attono

Just placed a cache yesterday and almost immediately, there was a note posted to it which I don't understand.

"I would already be on the road for this except I need to keep my finds where they are to reach a milestone next week on an MML cache that will also complete my passport for the GC in the series. 9:30 AM TFTC"

What would be the point of posting a note like that?

Just placed a cache yesterday and almost immediately, there was a note posted to it which I don't understand.

"I would already be on the road for this except I need to keep my finds where they are to reach a milestone next week on an MML cache that will also complete my passport for the GC in the series. 9:30 AM TFTC"

What would be the point of posting a note like that?

My guess is to let you and anyone else know that the person would have been out after the FTF except for the noted reasons. I wouldn't worry about it!

What they said, as far as interest, but deeper -- sounds to me like he's approaching a milestone for which he's already chosen some particular cache to hit, as his 'celebration'. e.g., I planned a particular Earthcache as my first 100th find.....so had to 'manage' my finds as I got to ~90; then set up a weekend run with about 15 on my list (in case of DNFs, missing caches, etc.) As it turned out I needed every one of 'em, too - hit the 99th at the State Park gates just outside the Cliffs Of The Neuse Earthcache, which was my 100th.

~*

sounds to me like he's telling other cachers that the only reason they have a shot at FTF is because he's not in the race.

i think i'll start doing that: nyah, nyah! i'd get the FTF if i was hunting, so i'm still better than youuuuuu!

would'a'-could'a'-should'a'.

still you shouldn't do anything about it. people who leave goofy logs deserve to have them stand for all to admire.

I agree with all the posters so far; it appears to me that the cacher was merely expressing appreciation for the cache and for the owner having placed the cache, and declaring that they would seek it eventually, but that they needed to wait a bit till they accomplished a personal milestone.

And, I also agree with flask that there was also likely some element of mild bragging that they would likely have been FTF on this cache except for the above-mentioned reality.

While I am not at all inclined to start doing what flask has decided to do, which is to start entering notes along the lines of " nyah, nyah! i'd get the FTF if i was hunting, so i'm still better than youuuuuu!" on every new cache, I am inspired by the original post and by flask's post to start logging "would have DNF'ed this cache except that I was too busy saving the world from invasion by space aliens coming entering through an accidental natural interdimensional portal" DNF notes on all caches that I find interesting around the world, in order to inflate my DNF tally.

While I am not at all inclined to start doing what flask has decided to do, which is to start entering notes along the lines of " nyah, nyah! i'd get the FTF if i was hunting, so i'm still better than youuuuuu!" on every new cache, I am inspired by the original post and by flask's post to start logging "would have DNF'ed this cache except that I was too busy saving the world from invasion by space aliens coming entering through an accidental natural interdimensional portal" DNF notes on all caches that I find interesting around the world, in order to inflate my DNF tally.

You've saved the world from aliens too? I get more DNF's because of that...

You've saved the world from aliens too? I get more DNF's because of that...

I wouldn't worry about what flask or Vinny are doing to save the World. I would worry about what our new BFF Barry is doing to "save the good ol' US of A. Sorry for the OT response but the aliens thing got me going. In fact, Vinny and flask would likely have some great ideas to save the World and the good ol' US of A if anyone asked them.

And maybe they should ask us cachers what we think. We probably have a better general idea than the elected leaders.