Third party notifications

:anibad: I was setting up my sister in laws account and noticed a block for third party notifications from garmin, jeep, etc.... When I set up my account I didn't check that block and I've been trying to figure out how to set up those notifications, and haven't been able to figure it out.

Is it possible to get them after checking "no" when I started my account?

Is it worth it to get the notifications?

What kind of notifications are they any way? I was hoping that they are notifications of free, super cool gear but it could just be SPAM. Help me out. Thnx

;)

I didn't even know that existed, but I don't think you can change it now, unless I just haven't come across it yet, but I have clicked on basically everything on gc.com/my page

Yeah I've been looking ever since I posted and can't find it either!

The only way I see it is when I log out and go to the create a free account page. When you scroll to the bottom the Third Pary notifications check box is available but I can't find it anywhere else!

If I had any hair left I'de be pulling it now :anibad:

It's Spam. What's worse, you open yourself up to whatever those 3rd party firms decide they should do with your e-mail addy -- like, share it with others.

All "in your best interests", of course. Yeah.....right!! :(

You done good.

~*

I figured that's what it was, and that's most likely why my instinct was to uncheck it when I signed up! I spotted a travel bug that said if you found it back in 06 you could register to win a brand new '07 Jeep. I thought that would be awsome and thought that this third party thing had something to do with that! If sounds to good to be true.....