Cache types

Mak'em Lad

Just started & found my first one (35mm film canister) despite the sign that gave the clues to the location of the offset cache having some info missing.

Tried for my second the next day but area strewn with rubbish so did not find it. It was listed as a 2ml micro but not sure what this could be so wasn't really sure of what I was looking for.

Is there a list of ALL the various types of container. I have seen the discriptions of the types of cache there are & it does make reference to the 35mm canister being a micro but all the others seem to be tupperware boxes or larger.

Greetings and welcome to the game! Cache containers are only limited my the hider's imagination. While GC.com lists the "relative sizes" of each cache size category, there's a lot of variation in each. I've seen "small" micros and "large" regulars. The 2ml micro you mentioned was likely a "nano", not its own category (yet, see forum posts for requests and debates on this), which is most often magnetic and most often black in color. It's also commonly listed as the smallest geocache container (for now). Google "nano geocache containers" for a good idea on what these look like.

I've seen a few devilish containers. I won't go into these for fear of spoiling your fun, but let's just say that they looked pretty ordinary and certainly didn't look out of place at all. Remember, geocache hides reflect their hider's creativity, ingenuity, and skill at disguise and camouflage. The most interesting containers I've found were also the most memorable finds. Take that into account, as the hider's ability to hide something a little bit different and memorable is a great source of pride for them. Some local cachers will be a lot of help finding these (I found my first nano as part of a local group hunt, where the seasoned cachers had already seen probably dozens of them).

It might not help much, but I always try to think while out hunting "If it looks out of place, it might be the cache. If it doesn't look out of place, it might be the cache too!"

All the best and happy hunting!

Just started & found my first one (35mm film canister) despite the sign that gave the clues to the location of the offset cache having some info missing.

Tried for my second the next day but area strewn with rubbish so did not find it. It was listed as a 2ml micro but not sure what this could be so wasn't really sure of what I was looking for.

Is there a list of ALL the various types of container. I have seen the discriptions of the types of cache there are & it does make reference to the 35mm canister being a micro but all the others seem to be tupperware boxes or larger.

It sounds to me like a cryo tube. They're 2ml. By the way, welcome to the fun!

JM-CRYO2.gif

Edited by jho135

...It sounds to me like a cryo tube. They're 2ml. By the way, welcome to the fun!

JM-CRYO2.gif

For the OP:

Yup, there you go. The picture is bigger than life.

Anothe way to estimate it is that the container would be from the tip of your pinky past the first joint and about half way to the second joint. Give or take. 2ml isn't that big. It's smaller than a dosage of NiQuil (or however you spell that stopping sneezy stuffy running headache so you can sleep medicin).

Cheer for the replies folks. I will have another look one day. There's a clue to it's location be couldn't see anything that fitted it. Now I know it is REALLY SMALL I may have more luck.

Glad you got your answer to your question. Have fun :huh: geocaching it's a blast. Hay by the way how did you find out about geocaching?

Cachensfun