Palomar Divide Truck Trail (via Temecula) - Sat. 7th

Boomer

A group of us are planning a caching trip up the back side of Palomar Mt. via the Palomar Divide Truck Trail (GCQ1AF) this Saturday (3/7). It's basicly a long fire road with some great views of Warner Spring and the area north east of the mountain. There over 25+ caches along the route. Plan is to meet in Oceanside and head out by 7am, head north to Temecula (GC1G5B7) , then start caching east on Hwy 79 to the top of the mountain. Should be a lot of fun. Interested?? Come and join us.

The Forest Service website indicates that both the Palomar Divide Rd and High Point Rd have been closed since Feb 6, 2009, due to rain and snow. Their # is (760) 788-0250. You may want to call to confirm.

Ya, I saw that too. I ran into the same problem back in January when I went up with a group from work. I call last Friday and the roads are open. Guess updating the site isn't a top priority.

Thanks.

I was up there with Duncan! and Map4navigation on Jan 9th. The crossover from Palomar Divide to High Point required 4X4 due to foot-high snow. We tried plowing through to the Lookout Tower, but my rig couldn't cut through. Road was clear and dry most of the way.

Have fun!

How often do groups get to gether to do this run? Unfortuneately I've already got plans on saturday to be out at Truckhaven fopr the Tierra Del Sol fiesta. But I've been drooling to get up here. Looks like a great day of caching and jeeping.

There's not a set schedule. A group of us decided just to head up. Have a good weekend in the desert. I hear it's a very big event.

Since seeing this thread I've been drooling to get up here. Yesterday GEODC and I attempted to clear the PDTT. We started our ascent from the Warner Springs side of the trail. I knew that a front was coming but was expecting it alot later. We got up to Killer Views from Here (GC1H5GV) cac10165-d77d-4d47-ae85-bb5461cd7c95.jpg you'll see the view we had which all blew in about 30 minutes. So we decided to call it a day.

Sometime soon we'll try to clear the PDTT this time going up from Oak Grove and heading up the OGTT to the high point truck and down the Barker valley Trail. Not sure when we'll head up but I'll try to post in advance.