Spring Fling is coming!

Shop99er

Mark your calendars for May 2nd and lay a course for Port Orchard, WA because Spring Fling is on it's way.

It will be in the same location as last year, the Port Orchard Eagles, and we will be having Frog Fliging, Chicken Chuckin, GPS games, scavenger hunts, mounds of smoked brisket and bottles of beer brew just for you!

Visit our event listing HERE and make sure that you sign up for your Spring Fling name badges.

That's Great. I will be there. I thought it was going to be in Tacoma later in the month, about the time we are leaving on a trip to Jackson Hole. Thanks Dick, W7WT

Yeah but by moving it to earlier in the month now I miss both Mission Possible and the Spring Fling. bummer.

Jim

It's just one of those things where we couldn't win no matter where we put it.

We thought we had the Tacoma location nailed down but it was becoming a nightmare and we were losing time. We had to cut our losses and get this thing going. We will try for the Waller Road grange next year.

The 16th was just too close to GeoWoodstock's date and we would lose most of our ground crew for the Adult GPS game because of the Armed Forces Parades.

The 2nd is, I think, WWFM day and we can have another local FM event for a 2-fer event smiley but it's also the CITO weekend. *sigh*

I think we are always going to come up against something and with the large crew we have (40+ for this one) I have to take their schedules into consideration. Like we've said before, Spring Fling won't happen without them.

We hope we can throw a fun event for everyone. It will be the same level of panic, chaos, disorder and silliness that we've always had!

Yes, it's true. We are working on getting a couple of WWFM events going the same day as Spring Fling. It will be a two-fer day!

Everything is still in the very early planning stages but I think we're going to have a Flash Mob just down the road from the Spring Fling location again and, if we can, there will be one in Bremerton for those of you who are on their way over for the Fling.

Items for the raffle are rolling in on a daily basis and we are going to have tons of coins and a couple of GPSrs to raffle off this year. The raffle will be going on all day long and we're working on a better system to alow you to see the winning numbers from anywhere in the room.

And in case you missed the smoked brisket and Rudy's Sause (yes, I mean Sause) last year we are getting double the amamount of brisket this year and we have bottles of Rudy's Sissy and Regular Sause coming in direct from Texas! YEEE HAW ya all!

Please remember to sign up for your badges for Spring Fling by clicking on the link at the event listing site. Signing up for your badges automatically signs you up for the games but you don't have to play unless you want to.

Frog Flinging and Chicken Chuckin is absolutely free for everyone and there are some big splashy trophies on the line. Perfect for any fireplace mantle, curio cabinet, window sill or doorstop.

Now, I am not sure if I can make it to the Spring Fling. On April 30th I am having Cataract Surgery. That is two days before the Spring Fling. All I know right now about it is what I read on the internet. They say it is simple and only takes a few minutes. I do have a 1 day post op appointment. Has anyone had cataract surgery, and can tell me about how long it takes for the eye to recover. I will be 84 and don't want to push it. I was looking forward to seeing a lot of my geocaching friends.

Thanks, Dick W7WT

Edited by W7WT

Now, I am not sure if I can make it to the Spring Fling. On May 30th I am having Cataract Surgery. That is two days before the Spring Fling. All I know right now about it is what I read on the internet. They say it is simple and only takes a few minutes. I do have a 1 day post op appointment. Has anyone had cataract surgery, and can tell me about how long it takes for the eye to recover. I will be 84 and don't want to push it. I was looking forward to seeing a lot of my geocaching friends.

Thanks, Dick W7WT

Accordiny to the calandar on my wall here at work May 30th is 28 days AFTER the Spring Fling.

Now, I am not sure if I can make it to the Spring Fling. On April 30th I am having Cataract Surgery. That is two days before the Spring Fling. All I know right now about it is what I read on the internet. They say it is simple and only takes a few minutes. I do have a 1 day post op appointment. Has anyone had cataract surgery, and can tell me about how long it takes for the eye to recover. I will be 84 and don't want to push it. I was looking forward to seeing a lot of my geocaching friends.

Thanks, Dick W7WT

Dick,

I had it done to both eyes a few years apart. You will leave the hospital with bandages over the eye. That will come off the next day and is the primary reason for that appointment. The doctor will also check for infection and give a quick vision test. For a week after the surgery you need to protect the eye. The last time I wore a set of safety glasses during the day and taped the metal eye patch over the eye at night. Other than that, all you need to do is take it easy. Both times I was in and out of the hospital for the surgery in less than four hours. The surgery itself takes about 15-20 minutes.

Thanks, Dick W7WT

Dick,

I had it done to both eyes a few years apart. You will leave the hospital with bandages over the eye. That will come off the next day and is the primary reason for that appointment. The doctor will also check for infection and give a quick vision test. For a week after the surgery you need to protect the eye. The last time I wore a set of safety glasses during the day and taped the metal eye patch over the eye at night. Other than that, all you need to do is take it easy. Both times I was in and out of the hospital for the surgery in less than four hours. The surgery itself takes about 15-20 minutes.

Thank you, that was the type of information I needed. I think the smart thing for me to do is stay at home and take it easy.

Dick

Of course we hope we'll see W7WT at the Fling with a very stylish Pirate Eyepatch!

Dick, if you can get Arlene to drive you over to the Fling you guys can always sit out on the GPS Field where it's fairly quiet. We'd love to see you there and we'd love to meet the Mrs.

Thanks, Dick W7WT

Dick,

Thank you, that was the type of information I needed. I think the smart thing for me to do is stay at home and take it easy.

Dick

I would have thought the same thing before my first one. You should be able to make it to the fling so long as nobody socks you in the eye. I was scheduled to work as starter for a track meet a few days after my first cataract surgery. I arranged for someone else to take over, but I could have done it without any problem. Your glasses may not work right until you get your new prescription.

Wonderful job on the pictures Jomer! Can't wait to see Velma's added in!

Thanks to everone who came to the Fling. It was much smaller than last year's but although we had rain and a host of other stumbling blocks we still had a wonderfully successful event.

The Shop99er Event Crew knocked it out of the park again and there would just be no way we could have this level of an event without the dedicated crew.

Of course without all of you coming with crock pots of food and a desire to fling frogs and win fabulous prizes... the Fling wouldn't happen.

Thank you everyone who attended, and brought food, and donated raffle items, and bought raffle tickets and donated to the beer fund and, and, and, and.... well, just thank you for coming and enjoying yourself!

See you all at GeoLuau in August!