Safe Can Cache

Tavisman

Some Texaco petrol stations are selling a ‘safe can’. It is a Heinz baked beans can with a tight plastic screw on-off end for hiding your valuables in you larder. It would make a good cache container except for the obvious issues: clearing it away with a CITO or similar event; encouraging geokids to hunt through litter (trash); and, if you are reading this thread then I guess the spoiler is out and it won’t be a surprise! :(

heinz-safe-cans-L.jpg

I have bought one (about £3), and I’ll think I’ll black out the end and leave it in the garden for a few nights to ‘weather’ it.

No need to leave it out if you get permission for an inside cache, like in a major supermarket :blink:

it could be placed like one of those random items when someone changes their mind. You know the sort of thing, the Baked Bean Can in the Cereal isle. :D

Mind you, speaking of 'Trash Caches', I recently heard tale of a Cacher in the US who places Nanos which are inside soft drink bottle caps, and fixed to the ground in Alleyways!!

Edited by careygang

I found a micro inside what appeared to be a discarded water bottle and another one in a bubble gum container. I am sorry, but I think trash caches as SO wrong on so many levels. I don't like to see rubbish when I am out caching and I surely don't want to be rummaging through it to see if it is possibly a cache.

I found a micro inside what appeared to be a discarded water bottle and another one in a bubble gum container. I am sorry, but I think trash caches as SO wrong on so many levels. I don't like to see rubbish when I am out caching and I surely don't want to be rummaging through it to see if it is possibly a cache.

Agree - it would be a rubbish cache!

How about the discarded Gum Nano...

Comercially available via one of the approved listed suppliers... at $5 each.

I don't like to see rubbish when I am out caching and I surely don't want to be rummaging through it to see if it is possibly a cache.
Agreed. If there's a lot of rubbish around I just walk on past the cache - not interested in looking in that sort of area. I do sometimes pick up an individual piece of rubbish to dispose of, but as I usually cache solo I don't have enough hands free to carry a large sack for CITO.

So I admit I don't like the idea of this sort of container being used for a cache.

Rgds, Andy