loading loc files into PN40

kelnic

Hello,

Just got the new PN40, and eager to get out and find my first cache. However, the instructions that came with the unit seem to be leaving out a step ot two. Does anyone out there have the experience with downloading the loc files into the Topo USA file (I've got this part down), then exporting it to the PN40? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Jon

Hello,

Just got the new PN40, and eager to get out and find my first cache. However, the instructions that came with the unit seem to be leaving out a step ot two. Does anyone out there have the experience with downloading the loc files into the Topo USA file (I've got this part down), then exporting it to the PN40? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Jon

If you have them loaded in T7, go to draw, file, import from where you have your LOC file stored. In file type, be sure to click on LOC file. Open file, click on Handheld export, exchange ( with PN 40 connected to computer) click on waypoints on left side, send to 40! :laughing: _

This is the area I hit my head against the wall bunches of times. Maps to the card, everything else to the device itself. Don't forget to select the areas you want to send to the device, then save/name the file, and then exchange it to the device - again, maps to the card.

Hello,

Jon

If you have them loaded in T7, go to draw, file, import from where you have your LOC file stored. In file type, be sure to click on LOC file. Open file, click on Handheld export, exchange ( with PN 40 connected to computer) click on waypoints on left side, send to 40! :laughing: _

the GC site today opened up "Load to GPS" for DeLorme.....

Joe

I used the "Load to GPS" feature for the first time and discovered that the cache description was missing because I was not recognized as a premium member despite the fact that three dollars is regularly being deducted from my PayPal account each month. Does anyone know how I can rectify this situation ? :D

the GC site today opened up "Load to GPS" for DeLorme.....

Joe

I used the "Load to GPS" feature for the first time and discovered that the cache description was missing because I was not recognized as a premium member despite the fact that three dollars is regularly being deducted from my PayPal account each month. Does anyone know how I can rectify this situation ? :D

Email GS and let them know is the only way I can think of!