Most Ridiclous ALRs..

benh57

Excuse my newness, but what is ALR?

Even though I am a newb, I am already getting tired of skirt caches and the like. I do have a few urban caches that I think are pretty cool and took some time to do. But the ones that are just thrown out there are getting boring to me.

Congratulations!!! Lots of people haven't figured that out in their first 5000 caches.

Name 10.

You can always leave the wormy apples on the tree.

Not always - geocaching don't work like that.

You don't find the worms 'til you've bitten, & who bites 'em while still on da tree??

-2 on analogies.

~*

Hey! you guys were right! People won't intentionally thumb their nose at the CO just because they CAN now... :laughing:

Boy, did YOU ever miss a couple of threads!!

\yea-a-a-a-ah....i know, i know

\\mine too

~*

I'm beginning to wish I had. That cache is the poster child for a light, harmless logging requirement but we just have to show that owner who's boss. Who are the control freaks again? Edited by Trinity's Crew

Maybe, if ALR'S were still allowed mine would be,

"If you did not have a good time finding this cache or if you have any complaint about it, geocaching, or anything about geocaching your log will be deleted."

What's the point here?

So then I suppose I would have to add:

"But you can find it again on another day when you're in a better humor"

Haha. Isn't griping the point of the forums?

Any idea why the owner wanted that requirement? Not that he needs one I suppose, but did he give a reason?

Just a guess on my part, but maybe he wanted FTF hopefuls to not know if it was found yet?

I wait to log my FTFs just for this reason. I'm sneaky that way.

I just got yelled at for doing that... Parking lot late night cache and I was up so I FTF'd - some kid went out the next day in the snow and got mad that I had not signed in online... less than a day and people get itchy and B!

Out of respect to the CO I take my time logging FTFs (no more than 12 hours) It get more people to the cache quicker. I just love the thought of that "hopeful little face" of the second to find when he realises he got there second. [:laughing:]

Well heck. I don't like ALR's so I thought this would be easy.

Did a NASCAR ALR. Did a "look your name up and post it in the professor poopy pants cache". Did a "Leave a penny with a unique year" one. Did one about buttons but had far too much fun making fun of the guys rig in the log to worry so much about the button. There is this one that I didn't have what I needed to do the ALR at the time and I moved so I never got back. Can't even remember what the theme was.

So for as much as I claim I hate ALR's apparently, I don't mind them after all because I havent' found any to be rediculous (or however you spell that).

Ok, Ok, I got it. The rule that says I have to log the cache log to do my online log. I could live without that. Cumulativly this is more annoying than all 6 or 7 ALR's that I've done.