EYEGLASSES

nefesh

there's a little eyeglass icon on the list of one of the caches. if you roll over it it says "watching this cache." what does this mean?

Don't click it! The FBI will get in your files! *flees*

:laughing: Just kidding. As far as I know, I think it means the owner is tracking the whereabouts of the item he/she placed in the cache? Let me check real quick, I'm probably wrong.

Edit: Yep, I'm a bit off. Apparently an item that is on a watch list just means some users have chosen to receive their own copy of the cache's log, rather than having (I'm assuming this is the alternative) to check up on the page every other day in hopes of a new entry. Good idea!

Edited by FastChapter

there's a little eyeglass icon on the list of one of the caches. if you roll over it it says "watching this cache." what does this mean?

Don't click it! The FBI will get in your files! *flees*

:laughing: Just kidding. As far as I know, I think it means the owner is tracking the whereabouts of the item he/she placed in the cache? Let me check real quick, I'm probably wrong.

Edit: Yep, I'm a bit off. Apparently an item that is on a watch list just means some users have chosen to receive their own copy of the cache's log, rather than having (I'm assuming this is the alternative) to check up on the page every other day in hopes of a new entry. Good idea!

And before you ask, no you can't find out who put the watch on the cache. Not even the owner, not even if he is a platinum member. You get an email anytime a log of any type is posted to the cache.

Jim

And before you ask, no you can't find out who put the watch on the cache. Not even the owner, not even if he is a platinum member. You get an email anytime a log of any type is posted to the cache.

Jim

I may be wrong, but I thought it was a feature of PM-only caches that the owner could see who was watching the cache.

I may be wrong, but I thought it was a feature of PM-only caches that the owner could see who was watching the cache.

You are wrong.

A Premium Member can make a cache Members Only. There is an audit log on a Members Only cache that shows who looked at the cache page. This is not the same as revealing who has the cache on Watchlist.

I believe that you Yourself are watching that cache. It will show what caches are in your watch list. If you don't think you have anything in your watch list check it again. I am certain it will be there.

Not necessarily. The eyeglass image shows for everyone whenever anyone has a cache on Watchlist. The OP may not have the cache on his Watchlist, he'd still see the Watcher Icon.

Not necessarily. The eyeglass image shows for everyone whenever anyone has a cache on Watchlist. The OP may not have the cache on his Watchlist, he'd still see the Watcher Icon.

Really??? You are completely wrong!!!

In a simple search around a particular local point where I know all 20 caches have people watching them, the only ones with an eyeglass on the search page are the ones that I am watching. You see the caches in YOUR watchlist, otherwise that icon would be absolutely useless.

Really??? You are completely wrong!!!

In a simple search around a particular local point where I know all 20 caches have people watching them, the only ones with an eyeglass on the search page are the ones that I am watching. You see the caches in YOUR watchlist, otherwise that icon would be absolutely useless.

I agree completely with this answer. It means that the cache is on your own watch list. If you go to the "My Account" page, the first item is "watchlist". That will show what you are watching and anything on that list will have the little glasses. In fact if you put your curser on the little glasses a message will come up saying "watching this cache".