Combat ING Cachers

How do I get geocachers to fight for a cache?

Solution an event.

During the event you must participate in some sort of combative game to get coords for a mystery.

The mysteries would be something like...

1. Combat Cachers Summer 20XX, 1st PLACE!
  2. Combat Cachers Summer 20XX, 2nd PLACE!
  3. Combat Cachers Summer 20XX, Participant!

Maybe even a team cache.

Participants of course get the coords to cache 3, second place gets the coords to 2 & 3 and first gets all three.

On the next event 3 new caches but Participants only get the participant for the current event, 2nd would get 2&3 from both events and first would get all 6 etc etc.

For combat events so far I have

1. Paint ball duals
  2. Snow ball duals
  3. Bicycle joust
  4. Log wrestling

All could easily be made into team games.

I'm looking for more simple ideas and the less expensive the better but all ideas will be considered.

Pugil sticks - competitors wear helmets & chest pads, using sticks with big padded 'balls' on the end,

stand on surfboards (or similar) in a pool, and see who gets knocked down first...

Or just skip the pool and floats & go for the gusto Marine Corps boot camp-style!

I like the idea of floats.

Two words: Live Steel.

'Nuf said :laughing:

As much as I would love to watch cachers carving each other up for my amusement, the mess isn't something I would want to deal with. Maybe Live Foam.

"Do not call me a LARPer or I shall have at thee with my Nerf sword!"

Soooo.... the only way to get the coordinates for cache #1 is to beat someone else in a specific competition? Bicycle jousting sounds amazingly fun, but kinda dangerous. I don't see these ever getting listed on this site if the only way to get the coordinates is to beat someone else up.

Unless you're talking about early release of the coordinates for FTF... now THAT would be fun. The winners of the competitions would have a set amount of time to claim FTF rights before the coordinates are released to every one else.

Soooo.... the only way to get the coordinates for cache #1 is to beat someone else in a specific competition? Bicycle jousting sounds amazingly fun, but kinda dangerous. I don't see these ever getting listed on this site if the only way to get the coordinates is to beat someone else up.

Unless you're talking about early release of the coordinates for FTF... now THAT would be fun. The winners of the competitions would have a set amount of time to claim FTF rights before the coordinates are released to every one else.

I love jousting. I am trying to make it more safe by buy including breakage, but my lance designs have turned out to be more dangerous or too weak. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I figure that the mysteries should be amazingly difficult to find and a win would earn you the exact coords. Then again wouldn't an ALR be an ALR?

Rock, paper, siccors. Maybe thumb wrestling. :)

Thumb wrestling, I wouldn't have thought of it, good idea.

First, get yourself really beefy. Then hide a cache and stand guard over it full time. Anyone who wants to get the cache has to get through you first! Maybe set up shifts with one or two other people so you can sleep sometimes.

I don't have to beef up.

Picture this, 6' tall + 6" platform combat boots with spikes, Black vinyl trench coat and loin cloth.

Never mind the fact that I'm only 195 lbs, who in their right mind would approach?

Skipping all of that, there is no glory in protecting a cache and I need to take a second job so I can buy a Vizsla. :laughing:

I don't have to beef up.

Picture this, 6' tall + 6" platform combat boots with spikes, Black vinyl trench coat and loin cloth.

Never mind the fact that I'm only 195 lbs, who in their right mind would approach?

Skipping all of that, there is no glory in protecting a cache and I need to take a second job so I can buy a Vizsla. :)

Smith & Wesson beats muscles everytime...

I don't have to beef up.

Skipping all of that, there is no glory in protecting a cache and I need to take a second job so I can buy a Vizsla. :laughing:

Smith & Wesson beats muscles everytime...

You know you would want to break out a video cam and film the next Discovery hit "Wild Goth of the woods" :)

I'm still trying to figure out the thread title.

What are "ING" cachers? The Iraqi National Guard? People who got layed off from the ING Group, and now spend their time caching? Peter Ing, the ex hockey goaltender?

Merely blatantly distinguishing it from a similarly name thread.

I typed it in the best visual method I could come up with according to how I vocalized it, i.e I paused before saying combat and enunciated the ing.

:laughing: I have read many of your posts, I know you could have come up with something funnier. :P

Too much competition in this hobby as it is.

"I've got bigger numbers."

"I've got harder puzzles."

"I've got more 5/5 hides."

"My geocaching bag is bigger than yours."

What's next, geodog fights? Are people only gonna get to sign the log if their hamster can defeat the one that is already in the cache? That would solve the whole question of how to feed the hamster in the cache but raises other ethical questions that I just don't think we want to get into.

I'm still trying to figure out the thread title.

What are "ING" cachers? The Iraqi National Guard? People who got layed off from the ING Group, and now spend their time caching? Peter Ing, the ex hockey goaltender?

Merely blatantly distinguishing it from a similarly name thread.

I typed it in the best visual method I could come up with according to how I vocalized it, i.e I paused before saying combat and enunciated the ing.

:laughing: I have read many of your posts, I know you could have come up with something funnier. :P

I save my "A" material for the more popular threads. :o