Watch these coins now!

traeumer

I was struggling to develop missions for my new geocoins when I had an idea. What if the mission was to give a little of yourself through your stories? Thus the “Great Stories Series” missions were born, a series in which you must tell part of your own story. Now, I have no idea whether or not it will actually work, but I’m going to give it a try. :rolleyes:

+++++++++++++

This is an example of one coin’s mission:

This geocoin is part of my “Great Stories Series,” and its goal is for you to share something personal about yourself. I strongly believe the best way to leave a legacy is to tell others your stories; it is through stories that we will be remembered, not through material things or wealth. Please share your memories and help everyone learn and grow, so that we all might take a part of you with us on the road of life.

The theme of this coin is to share thoughts on the future of the world. Is humanity going in the right direction? What can we do on a societal and individual level to make a difference?

+++++++++++++

Here are some of the coins I've developed...

Great Stories Series-10 years

Great Stories Series-18 year old

Great Stories Series-Biggest Risk

Great Stories Series-Blessings

Great Stories Series-Bosses

Great Stories Series-Caching Memories

Great Stories Series-Dreams

Great Stories Series-Earliest Memory

Great Stories Series-Favorite Non-caching Memory

Great Stories Series-Favorite Place

Great Stories Series-First Job

Great Stories Series-First Love

Great Stories Series-Funny Stories

Great Stories Series-Growing Up

Great Stories Series-Life Changing Events

Great Stories Series-Life Changing People

Great Stories Series-Life Goals

Great Stories Series-Meaning of Life

Great Stories Series-Nightmare

Great Stories Series-Passion

Great Stories Series-Pets

Great Stories Series-Proudest Moment

Great Stories Series-Siblings

Great Stories Series-Wisdom

Great Stories Series-World Vision

Edited by traeumer

I agree with Rifleman. While I think the idea is really cool, virtual logging of travellers isn't allowed, and publishing your codes is a way to get your travellers locked. I highly recommend that you edit your post to remove the codes until you've cleared this with Groundspeak. Eartha would be a good person to ask.

As has been said, if you value your coins (at least having them able to be logged), you'll take those tracking numbers down ASAP! It's a sweet project, but Groundspeak has a very strong stance against virtual logging of trackables, and has permanently locked many coins whose tracking numbers were posted.

I was wondering about this and i am just sitting back watching to see if anyone says anything.

I hope they warn you and they do not lock them up.

Consider yourself warned. :rolleyes:

Thanks to everybody who posted so far with explanations and warnings - makes our job easier.

To the OP: I have removed the tracking numbers from your post. If you want to replace them with the reference numbers so that others can watch these coins, feel free to do so.

As mentioned, Groundspeak considers the "virtual logging/discovering" of coins to be an abuse of the system and will lock the coins permanently if these are allowed.

Sorry.

And so, in the best interest of this thread, I am changing the title to "Watch these coins now!" so no one will be confused.

Sorry, everyone. I was just trying to do something nice for folks & didn't know about that rule. Please don't lock the coins; I adjusted the post too.

I was struggling to develop missions for my new geocoins when I had an idea. What if the mission was to give a little of yourself through your stories? Thus the “Great Stories Series” missions were born, a series in which you must tell part of your own story. Now, I have no idea whether or not it will actually work, but I’m going to give it a try. :angry:

I think it is a great idea!! I have a couple of travel bugs and coins out there asking people to share stories and thoughts ...

Frankie's Bride asks for advice on long lasting relationships (my husband and I just got married)

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1467548

Coexist geocoin (currently missing) asks for folks to share thoughts akin to the NPR program "this I believe"

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1612374

That said, people rarely seem to add thoughts. I like the idea of stating that logs will be deleted if they don't conform. Maybe this will improve response rates.

I hope yours travel long and far and can't wait to find one to add my "not-nearly-asked-for-enough" thoughts on important matters ;-)

Sandra of Sandyduff