Colorado and GSAK syncing issues

goin2drt

I need help. So my Colorado is hooked up via USB cable. I go on GSAK and am trying to get the info (geocaches and latest routes) from my Colorado to GSAK. I then do the following.

GPS

Receive waypoints

use defaults

Then I get an error message asking if my GPS is connected etc.

GSAK only supports waypoints (Geocaches) and I believe it sees your Colorado as a mass storage device (like a thumb drive). So I think you have to copy the file which contains the geocaches from your Colorado and then load it into GSAK. It might be better to ask at the GSAK support forums :ph34r: or have a look at the GSAK FAQ

More specifically look here for the cache export macro and here for field notes import.

Dead easy to use even just with the default settings.

And links to these and lots of really useful stuf can be found in the colorado wiki

GSAK only supports waypoints (Geocaches) and I believe it sees your Colorado as a mass storage device (like a thumb drive). So I think you have to copy the file which contains the geocaches from your Colorado and then load it into GSAK. It might be better to ask at the GSAK support forums :antenna: or have a look at the GSAK FAQ

More specifically look here for the cache export macro and here for field notes import.

Dead easy to use even just with the default settings.

And links to these and lots of really useful stuf can be found in the colorado wiki

I have tried all this and getting frustrated. I downloaded the latest version of GSAK. I ran the macro. I have 20 Geocaches in the 400T and when I run the macro it says successful you have downloaded 1 geocache. What am I doing wrong. Also when I use the field note macro I get an error message and it will not do anything.

A good place to ask your question is here:

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showforum=7

You'll need to be a little more specific about exactly which version of GSAK you are using, the versions of the macros you have and exactly what failure(s) you are seeing. But the guys over there are great -- and they were the one's who wrote the software.

Thk you. I can not ask my question because I am not registered and haven't paid. I will when I can get things working properly but at this point GSAK is useless so far. I am running GSAK ver 7.5.0.188. I have about 20 GC's in my handheld in which I have loaded directly from www.geocaching.com (premium member) so I can just send them directly to handheld. All I am trying to do is get those geocaches that I have found into GSAK so I can look at them and keep them there. Then I can delete them from the handheld and load more. Hopefully I have explained it a bit better.

Thk you. I can not ask my question because I am not registered and haven't paid. I will when I can get things working properly but at this point GSAK is useless so far. I am running GSAK ver 7.5.0.188. I have about 20 GC's in my handheld in which I have loaded directly from www.geocaching.com (premium member) so I can just send them directly to handheld. All I am trying to do is get those geocaches that I have found into GSAK so I can look at them and keep them there. Then I can delete them from the handheld and load more. Hopefully I have explained it a bit better.

Firstly, you do not have to be a paying user of GSAK to ask questions and get some quick answers. The people on the GSAK forum are very helpful and I would bet that after you see what they will do to support you that you will gladly buy the product and enjoy caching all the more with the awesome functionality and many macros available ...

rufnredy

a VERY satisfied GSAK user ...

Firstly, you do not have to be a paying user of GSAK to ask questions and get some quick answers. The people on the GSAK forum are very helpful and I would bet that after you see what they will do to support you that you will gladly buy the product and enjoy caching all the more with the awesome functionality and many macros available ...

rufnredy

a VERY satisfied GSAK user ...

My bad. You are correct. I logged in and asked for help. Hope I get some. I am so frustrated.

You might be misunderstanding how the import and log macro works. It does not import geocaches from your GPS into GSAK, just the fieldnotes you have made (found, DNF) on those caches.

If you are going to use GSAK a better work flow is to use both the export and import macros. At a high level it goes something like this

- Create pocket queries on geocaching.com

- Load pocket queries containing geocaches into GSAK

- Send caches to your GPS using the Export macro

- Go find caches and mark them with fieldnotes on your CO

- Import the fieldnotes from the CO into GSAK using the import and log macro

- The import and log macro automates the logging of your caches on geocaching.com