60CSx: Need fuse for car charger

dictum9

Problem is, I lost the original fuse and don't have the exact specs for it, if I take the car charger to some place like RadShack

I just took apart mine(round plug 60csx 12 adapter), it's a 15A/250V fuse. I've never replaced it so it should be exactly what your looking for.

Edited by hogrod

I just took apart mine(round plug 60csx 12 adapter), it's a 15A/250V fuse. I've never replaced it so it should be exactly what your looking for.

Are you sure you are not missing a decimal point? I don't even think the 12V power socket on a vehicle is rated for 15 amps (maybe 6 amps) and certainly your GPS would never use anywhere near that. The one in my nuvi 750 is F.3A/250V (which means fast blow 0.3A). The fuse in the Gilsson plug for my old GPS 45 is F0.5A/250V, and the GPS 45 used more power than modern GPSr's (10 hrs on "4" AA batteries).

The 12V/miniUSB cable for my eTrex or 10x does not appear to have a fuse, but is rated Input: 10-30VDC/Max 1.5A (output: 5VDC/1.0A).

So maybe it is 1.5A at the most. I believe USB from a PC is typically 500 mA (0.5A).

Edited by efflandt

Instead of replacing the fuse, get a inverter (12vdc to 120vac). Then all of your car chargers can be done away with.

Harbor Freight has several models, from $12, 60watts to ones that would run a saw.

Here is the link to them:

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/...r&Submit=Go

Best of luck,

tmk

That makes no sense. What's the point of bumping it up to 120v when you're just going to have to use another converter to supply power to the GPS.