Firefox 3

CEC Seekers

I am trying firefox 3 but if I pull up a list of caches to a postcode for example and then click on a specific cache it just brings up an error page, Please can anybody help with maybe an add on I require. ;)

CEC Seekers

Does it matter what postcode? Sometimes errors come because gc.com is down. I have been using FF3 for a while now with no problems. What is the error message on the page?

I am trying firefox 3 but if I pull up a list of caches to a postcode for example and then click on a specific cache it just brings up an error page, Please can anybody help with maybe an add on I require. ;)

CEC Seekers

Does it matter what postcode? Sometimes errors come because gc.com is down. I have been using FF3 for a while now with no problems. What is the error message on the page?

Just a blank page saying

Your request has resulted in an error.

You may choose to retry your previous request.

Or you may tell us what you were doing when this error occurred.

Geocaching.com

Just the following:

"Your request has resulted in an error.

Geocaching.com"

The postcode will give a full list of caches but when I click on one of those, that is when I get the problem

Edited by CEC Seekers

Just the following:

Geocaching.com

I do manage to get the full list of caches but when I go from there to bring up a cache , that is when I get the problem

Just the following:

Geocaching.com

I do manage to get the full list of caches but when I go from there to bring up a cache , that is when I get the problem

Hmm. A bit of a loss there. I assume you are logged in? I have seen something similar but it has always been a gc.coom problem that has gone away, usually quite quickly.

Sorry not be of more help.

Works OK right now. Full postcode or just the first half ie NR4

I've also just found out by accident that it works by putting the postcode in the address box.

The problem might be that the server was busy at the time you tried the see the cache pages. That seems to happen at lot just recently.

Regards

Bernard

What is now missing is the ignore button for the forum I have threads that shouldn't be there.

I believe the Ignore button has been missing since FF3 went live.... shame - I liked that one!!!!

Anyone any idea if we can get that nice one back?

The ignore button was broken for a while but that got sorted out, I think the latest version of the greasemonkey script fixed it. It's been working for me for ages.

Martyn (FF 3.0.5)

I am trying firefox 3 but if I pull up a list of caches to a postcode for example and then click on a specific cache it just brings up an error page, Please can anybody help with maybe an add on I require. :D

CEC Seekers

Just a blank page saying

Geocaching.com

I have been seeing this lately too, mostly when responding to a link from a watch list email.

At first I thought it was because I was logging out on a PC at work and it wasn't seeing me as logged in on the home PC.

Seemed to be just the Cache pages as linking to a coin or profile from the same email seemed to clear it.

I now believe it is just GC.com being slow as if you press retry enough the page will eventually load. :ph34r:

Double check you are logged in and can view a page before you run the search and see what results you get. ;)

Ithas been working on Firefox 3 for ages for me. (Since about 18th August if you want to be specific). I am using the Forum tools script. Ver 0.34 dated 18-8-08. It happens to be at the top in my list of scripts but I don't know if this is important. I believe some scripts are fussy about where they are in the list.

This version or a later one should be available in the pinned Resources thread at the top of the UK Forum

What is now missing is the ignore button for the forum I have threads that shouldn't be there.

I believe the Ignore button has been missing since FF3 went live.... shame - I liked that one!!!!

Anyone any idea if we can get that nice one back?

The ignore button was broken for a while but that got sorted out, I think the latest version of the greasemonkey script fixed it. It's been working for me for ages.

Martyn (FF 3.0.5)

If you've got the latest version of the script and you're still having problems try disabling other Greasemonkey scripts, see my post here

If you've got the latest version of the script and you're still having problems try disabling other Greasemonkey scripts, see my post here

No I didn't have the latest version and it took me a while to find it, but I got there in the end. Anyone else with the same problem go to this thread and install the script by lordelph. This was the same script that I already had, but I have just installed it again and it now works.