Vista HCX for $165 at Walmart online

MikeSSS

Thats a pretty good price, I paid 200 on sale at Bass Pro about a month ago. I also sprung for the Ram Mount for my ATV.

As far as a good GPS'r goes, I like my Vista it will get a "lock" within 30 seconds in the house!

The only thing thats a bit of a pain is the buttons being on the side of the unit rather than on the front. It's not a BIG deal though just a small inconvenience.

I love how long the batteries last! They'll go all day with no problem even with the back light on constantly.

Yes, I was really struggling with the whole bigger/better argument when I was holding both of them.... Bigger is always better, but not (I concluded) at the expense of clarity and especially brightness.

It was very hard though, knowing that I will only blow that kind of money once in a great while, and wouldn't get teh chance to get a different GPS anytime soon.

(edited for spelling)

Edited by kraushad

Is the 60csx worth the extra $100? I will be using this for offroad driving and geocaching. I am leaning towards the vista just for price reasons. They seem to do the same things. Thanks

I think it's just a matter of opinion on which is better.

I done the side by side comparison on Garmin's website and they are VERY similar in their capabilities.

I like the looks of the 60 ,and I like the buttons all being on the front but I wouldn't pay the extra 100 for it.

I'm very pleased with my Vista so far. :)

Is the 60csx worth the extra $100? I will be using this for offroad driving and geocaching. I am leaning towards the vista just for price reasons. They seem to do the same things. Thanks

I think it's just a matter of opinion on which is better.

I done the side by side comparison on Garmin's website and they are VERY similar in their capabilities.

I like the looks of the 60 ,and I like the buttons all being on the front but I wouldn't pay the extra 100 for it.

I'm very pleased with my Vista so far. :)

I have had both. I can tell you I feel the extra $100 was well worth it. I like the feel and primarily the button layout way better than the stick button on the Etrex.

I have had both. I can tell you I feel the extra $100 was well worth it. I like the feel and primarily the button layout way better than the stick button on the Etrex.

A hundred bucks for a feel seems rather pricey to me!!!! :)

Maybe so. but if that were the case in everything we do we would all be driving the same car too. :-)

If you are going to use it for driving, I'd say the 60CSX is the better choice. The buttons on the front make it far easier to use when it is in a dashboard mount. You'd have to remove the eTrex from the mount to operate it, while you can operate the 60CSX in place.