Garmin NUVI / Coordinates ?

Team Duckit

To add to the above:

When you see the coordinates they are your current location. Change them to what you want. You have three format choices. Most common, and geocachers use: DDD MM.MMM

After you enter, you can see the location on the map, save as a "Favorite" and Go (route) to it.

Thanks Guys .........I will put one on my Christmas list :rolleyes:

Caveat: My Nuvi can do a lot of things, but it isn't very good for geocaching. (That's why I just got a PN-40).

My Nuvi can display photos, serve as an mp3 player, translate common phrases into different languages, and route me to the vicinity of the cache, BUT it lacks a compass. And the batteries are no where near what was advertised. On a bicycle trip I'd use it to alert me to caches in the vicinity and as soon as I started searching the batteries would be dead. Count on about 2 hours maximum in warm weather. I've been carrying a separate compass in my geobag. Since you are a premium member it seems as if you are all set for a good hand held but I just wanted to give you the benefit of my experience.

Thanks Guys .........I will put one on my Christmas list :rolleyes:

Caveat: My Nuvi can do a lot of things, but it isn't very good for geocaching. (That's why I just got a PN-40).

My Nuvi can display photos, serve as an mp3 player, translate common phrases into different languages, and route me to the vicinity of the cache, BUT it lacks a compass. And the batteries are no where near what was advertised. On a bicycle trip I'd use it to alert me to caches in the vicinity and as soon as I started searching the batteries would be dead. Count on about 2 hours maximum in warm weather. I've been carrying a separate compass in my geobag. Since you are a premium member it seems as if you are all set for a good hand held but I just wanted to give you the benefit of my experience.

Yes.............. I do cache with a Garmin 60Cx............ but the screen is so small for using when I'm driving, thought the NUVI would be the way to go for getting me near the cache , then I would switch over to the hand held for searching for the cache............... and I just found out you can load ...........POI from GSAK so that is even a bigger plus when I,m driving around caching .........Woooo Hooo ! :D

Yes.............. I do cache with a Garmin 60Cx............ but the screen is so small for using when I'm driving, thought the NUVI would be the way to go for getting me near the cache , then I would switch over to the hand held for searching for the cache............... and I just found out you can load ...........POI from GSAK so that is even a bigger plus when I,m driving around caching .........Woooo Hooo ! :D

I have been using a Garmin 2610 and just bought a nuvi 780. Both work great. I got the 780 becauseI can make routes in mapsource and transfer them to the nuvi. With the lower numbered ones I don't think that you can do that. You have to pull up the favorites and choose which cache you would like to go to.

I have been using a Garmin 2610 and just bought a nuvi 780. Both work great. I got the 780 becauseI can make routes in mapsource and transfer them to the nuvi. With the lower numbered ones I don't think that you can do that. You have to pull up the favorites and choose which cache you would like to go to.

That's fine, that will work for me

I have been trying to verify if the nuvi 260W is compatable with downloading caches from the geocching page. I have a handheld but would like to have an incar that gets me near where I need to go (roads to the general area). Is the 260W compatable with the caching page or do I need to enter them individually as noted above? thanks.