N96 or iphone

First of all just wanted to say hello. Been meaning to pop on the forum for ages but never seem to have enough time.

I was wondering what peoples preferences were regarding the N96 or iphone for Geocaching. I need a new phone and cant decide. Any advice appreciated.

Hope to get on here more often and see whats going on.

Regards

Duncan Disorderly

First of all just wanted to say hello. Been meaning to pop on the forum for ages but never seem to have enough time.

I was wondering what peoples preferences were regarding the N96 or iphone for Geocaching. I need a new phone and cant decide. Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Duncan Disorderly

Welcome to the forum. It is really quite friendly....

Neither of the fones would get my vote.. I hate sliders and the iPhone is too delicate much like my Ipod Touch..

I have a Nokia 6220C with aGPS, useful if I get lost on my way home from the pub.. ;) A Nuvi 250W for the car and a GPS60Csx for caching... :unsure:

But on a more serious note, neither of the fones is water resistant, so wet weather caching or a dunking in the stream is gonna kill them.. If I had to choose, the Nokia N96 would get my vote.

I say Nokia. The iPhone, they like you to sign your life away to get one. The service plans are unbelievable and not all areas have perfect 3G (or any at all).

Nokia is a compnay that has been making phone for years, not just 2 (like another company).

I would look into a phone that allow Geocaching Navigator, thats always a plus.

I say Nokia. The iPhone, they like you to sign your life away to get one. The service plans are unbelievable and not all areas have perfect 3G (or any at all).

Nokia is a compnay that has been making phone for years, not just 2 (like another company).

I would look into a phone that allow Geocaching Navigator, thats always a plus.

Thanks for that Guys

I am going through the same dilema, I have an N95 but have an upgrade due.

One of the N8? they say it does all the same as N96 with no BBc Iplayer or something but feels MUCH more robust. I Have been thinking about the new Pixel by Samsung but no one can tell me the operating system.

I want the HTC Tytn (sirf III chip) but it seems a hard phone to get your hands around.

I guess I will have to shop around some more...

Gerrit

Regards

Duncan Disorderly