measure acreage

juldol

it's really quite easy. just open it up. it will instruct when to mark your beginning. I would make this in one corner, but it really doesnt matter. Just somewhere on the outside perimeter. Once you click the mark button you take off walking the perimeter, all the way back to the beggining. Then it will calculate it for you. I'm sure you could use an atv or truck to drive it as well. Hope this helps.

Make sure you clear out the track log first then do as these people suggest.

But you could do it yourself on paper.

Mark all the points at the edges of straight lines, if there are curves I can't help you.

Using UTM coordinates just calculate the delta eastings and delta northings of each point to a convenient meridian and parallel, and the perpendicular distances from some meridian to each lines midpoint (easy), and the perpendicular distances from some parallel to each lines midpoints. Then it's something called double meridian calculations. Dasically you have triangles or trapazoids, some contribute to the area and some detrament from the area. It's easy to see which is which and subtract some and add others.

Then convert square meters to acrea.

My brother-in-law just used my Garmin Oregon 400T to verify the acreage of a farm they are interested in purchasing. He completed the calculation and it was within .32 acres....but it was over 120 acres and they did not have the GPS directly over the fence lines.

He saved the completed file and named it for future use. It was saved as a GPX file but when i try to open it in GSAK, there is nothing there.

Any help or suggestions?

My brother-in-law just used my Garmin Oregon 400T to verify the acreage of a farm they are interested in purchasing. He completed the calculation and it was within .32 acres....but it was over 120 acres and they did not have the GPS directly over the fence lines.

He saved the completed file and named it for future use. It was saved as a GPX file but when i try to open it in GSAK, there is nothing there.

Any help or suggestions?

GSAK doesnt open routes or tracks. Try viewing in Mapsource, that should work

Any help or suggestions?

GSAK doesnt open routes or tracks. Try viewing in Mapsource, that should work

Google Earth might work nicely