Moving Sucks

StClairC

I can't wait to find whichever box my GPS is in so I can get out there and explore new territory.

If I were to move, and anytime I travel whatsoever, my GPS is right on me, not packed away in some box. Other than that, being in a virgin area is just geat.

Yea, every other time I've moved I've had it right there with me and actually have stopped the UHaul truck on the side of the road to grab a couple caches. But this time I must have thrown it somewhere cause I have no clue where it went. :laughing:

Geocaching, what a great way to learn your new area.

Absotively! I began geocaching a month before moving from California to Washington, and it was a fantastic way to learn my way around and meet new people. I think I know more about Washington state now than some natives!

At the rate you move (physically, not residentially) I think you've SEEN more of Washington state than a lot of the natives.

My husband is active duty Air Force, so we are well-versed in the art of moving! We first started geocaching at our previous assignment in Virginia, and I can say for certain that geocaching took us places we probably wouldn't have gone otherwise. Now we are in New Mexico, and though caches are a bit fewer and farther in between, it's still proving to be a great incentive to get out and get exploring!

Non-geocaching moving advice: order the visitor guides for your new state and surrounding cities. They're a good starting point when you are wondering, "What's there to do around here, anyways?!?!"