What Gives?

Renegade Knight

Seems pretty clear and concise to me :D

Seems that way to me, too. What I hear is "don't cross me and my opinion or I'll kill your thread whether you actually did anything wrong or not" followed by a whole lot of hypotheticals without any actual input from the maker of the coin.

I'm not saying for a moment that you didn't have her best interest at heart. I am questioning why your offer of help became an ultimatum. I know you feel like you were in the right. I'm just wondering if you've paused to wonder why so many of us feel you weren't.

I won't bother to post in this thread any longer. It's obvious you're feeling self righteous and don't want to listen to opposing views anyway. That's my opinion if I'm still allowed one. Maybe now we can get back to talking about coins if one of the manufacturers is willing to give us permission. :D

she made a point that a different response could have changed the outcome ,, still I say it could have been handled on" BOTH ""sides better!!!!

Let me try to explain....

Again, I will not discuss a warning given to another forum poster, in public or with those not involved, but the warning was not issued for that thread. You do not see what goes on behind the scenes, it's not all public, and I am not going to post in here what went on. That's private. ......

it's not private in my world, so let me clarify things since i am allowed back on now from my time out in the corner:

there was no warning given before the cache angel thread being closed. nothing going on behind the scenes. that thread was closed because i told eartha it was not her call to chastise me in public for posting about a new coin - that is not against the rules.

mods are NOT our parents. we are not children. if my reaction to a mods abuse of power is a terse "whatever" that is because their opinion has no greater weight than mine. and if that was flippant, well, nothing in the rules about being flippant either.

the thread was NOT closed until i told eartha if coins and pins didn't like my post, then they could say something, it was their call, not hers since there is nothing in the guidelines that prohibits such discussions and as she called it, announcements. it was not an announcement but an excited utterance since i had discovered the angels.

not all newbies get newsletters and such from vendors about new coins so perhaps they get their info here.

eartha closed the thread because she had the power to do so. it was retribution for my speaking up and having a different opinion than she. remember, her opinion carries no more weight than mine. she has a responsibility to the rules. that's all.

at this stage, any disagreement with a mod can be deemed disrespectful and the thread closed.

i am simply tired of authority-coloured noses being stuck into threads with veiled warnings and threats. if mods want to post as "regular folks" then they should do so from their own non-moderator accounts.

perhaps that is something Groundspeak can consider.

RedShoesGirl

Ok, this is wandering off topic now.

As The Moop Along pointed out, this thread is about "who is allowed (or should be allowed) to talk about/announce a coin". Let's keep it on that topic. This is not a place to talk about suspensions.

Thank you.

you should have posted this back aways dude.

all things are connected.

still trying to unwind you know what...

rsg

Hello everyone.

I don't often post in the Coins Forum and I won't pretend to know anywhere near as much as you all do about coins. As a Lackey and as the person who works closely with the volunteer mods, I’ve been moved to respond here.

I will reiterate a few things that have already been said:

• No new policy has been created.
  • Anyone can discuss any coin.
  • It has already been explained in Post 5 why the other thread was closed. That explanation seems perfectly adequate to me: Eartha and Flying Spaghetti Monster could have closed the thread at that point. They did not. I did not. Instead here we are on Page 2.
  • I’ll specifically point out to any who may have missed it that Eartha and FSM were acting with the intention of protecting more innocent people from getting raked over the coals unnecessarily.

In this thread, I see quite a lot of unnecessary petulance being demonstrated by a few. I see a lot of vigorous discussion and there is nothing wrong with vigor.

Groundspeak and the global geocaching community encourage contributors who are courteous, polite and respectful. We discourage those who choose to behave in a disrespectful and/or irresponsible manner. We all need to respect each other including and maybe even especially the mods, even in cases where we do not agree with them. There’s a good chance you might not have all the information that the mods are acting on.

At this point, I’ll close the thread for 24 hours to give us all a chance to take a deep breath. Please no more petulance when we re-open it.

See you soon!