Hiding a micro etiquette

Yeahoh

Quick question for you all: What do you think about hiding a micro inside a gazebo at a local park? There is a catch, however, I noticed today when I was "researching" the spot that the gazebo is in MEMORY OF two people that passed away a couple of years ago.. Does that really matter do you think? It is a small 4"X6" sign that is located at the top of the gazebo. Thanks in advance.

Quick question for you all: What do you think about hiding a micro inside a gazebo at a local park? There is a catch, however, I noticed today when I was "researching" the spot that the gazebo is in MEMORY OF two people that passed away a couple of years ago.. Does that really matter do you think? It is a small 4"X6" sign that is located at the top of the gazebo. Thanks in advance.

Our society memorializes all kinds of things. There are memorial highways. Little plaques dedicating trees, park benches and so on. Don't even factor it in. The gazebo is there to enjoy by any and all casual users and caching is certainly one casual use way to enjoy it.

I've been in parks where everything is "in memory of" because that's how they got anything in the park (private donations). Since there are successful, enjoyable caches in cemeteries, I don't think a gazebo with an individual memorial plaque is any kind of ethics violation.

Geocaching isn't and shouldn't ever be defacing or devaluing property, so there's no harm in having a hide in a gazebo.

- Elle