New Feature Idea for Website

BigOpe

I EMailed this to Groundspeak and they suggested I post it here. I'd like to see something on the individual cache pages that will let me search for other nearby caches, either directly (by just specifying mile radius) or by grabbing the coordinates, taking me to the regular search page, and plugging in those coordinates automatically. Anybody agree that would be a useful addition?

I EMailed this to Groundspeak and they suggested I post it here. I'd like to see something on the individual cache pages that will let me search for other nearby caches, either directly (by just specifying mile radius) or by grabbing the coordinates, taking me to the regular search page, and plugging in those coordinates automatically. Anybody agree that would be a useful addition?

Unless I don't understand the question that is already there right across from the map at the bottom of the listing and looks like this:

Find...

...other caches hidden or found by this user

...nearby caches of this type, that I haven't found

...all nearby caches, that I haven't found

...all nearby waymarks on Waymarking.com

...all nearby benchmarks

...all nearby Hotels

I just double click on the map at the bottom (not on the right at the top) and then I can see all of them. I can also check the box so it won't show the ones I've already found. I use this all the time as I not only know what caches are there but where they are.

Unless I don't understand the question that is already there right across from the map at the bottom of the listing and looks like this:

Find...

...other caches hidden or found by this user

...nearby caches of this type, that I haven't found

...all nearby caches, that I haven't found

...all nearby waymarks on Waymarking.com

...all nearby benchmarks

...all nearby Hotels

DUH to me, didn't recognize it for what it was. Thanks.

Find...

...all nearby Hotels

When did that happen?!? I want to suggest a restaurant search link! :unsure:

My original question got answered, but let me tag on here as you got me thinking of something else. "Nearby Hotels" lists actual hotels/motels, but how about a "nearby" search for CACHES that are hotels, Travel Bug hotels, that is? I don't recall seeing that those have their own cache type....

Find...

...all nearby Hotels

When did that happen?!? I want to suggest a restaurant search link! :unsure:

My original question got answered, but let me tag on here as you got me thinking of something else. "Nearby Hotels" lists actual hotels/motels, but how about a "nearby" search for CACHES that are hotels, Travel Bug hotels, that is? I don't recall seeing that those have their own cache type....

I don't think you want to stir up that can of worms. :)