Just had to delete my first log.

Rev Mike

One of my EarthCaches was just found by someone who posted all of the required info right in the log and then never sent an email or posted the required picture. I feel bad deleting the log since I think it was an honest mistake and they were the "FTF" for what that matters. It was this cachers first EarthCache. I sent a nice email explaining why I had to take the action I did and welcomed him to re-log his find just without the answers included this time. I also requested the photo be posted and told him not to bother with emailing the answers since it is already clear he has them.

This was the first time I had to delete an EC log and I was wondering how often it is necessary.

How many of you have had to do this and why?

I did not like having to do it but I can't have the first finder posting all the info...

- Rev Mike

This is the email I sent him after I deleted the log:

I regret to inform you that I must delete your found log for this cache. While you seem to have completed the requirements of the cache - you have posted the information that should be sent by email in your log. For this reason I must delete your log to ensure that the correct answers are not on the page and that others must visit the location in order to recieve credit for the find.

You are welcome to log your find again provided you keep the answers out of your log. You do not have to send me the email since I have already seen your answers.

Please do not forget to post the required photo as well.

After which he relogged the find with the answers.

I then sent this email:

Please edit you found log to REMOVE THE ANSWERS or I will have to delete the log again. The photo is fine but the answers CANNOT be in the log.

This was not done and I just had to delete his second log.

The instructions are clear on the page and I would like to think that my two emails were also clear.

I know he went there and found the cache... but why can't he follow the instructions?

- Rev Mike

I have a question. How long would you wait to post the find if you sent the owner all the info and he never respones back to let you know if its correct. I did one two weeks ago and I emailed the guy 2 times.

I personally log the find as soon as I send the required info.

The only time I will wait for a response is if for some reason I am not sure I have something right.

- Rev Mike

This is the email I sent him after I deleted the log:

I regret to inform you that I must delete your found log for this cache. While you seem to have completed the requirements of the cache - you have posted the information that should be sent by email in your log. For this reason I must delete your log to ensure that the correct answers are not on the page and that others must visit the location in order to recieve credit for the find.

You are welcome to log your find again provided you keep the answers out of your log. You do not have to send me the email since I have already seen your answers.

Please do not forget to post the required photo as well.

After which he relogged the find with the answers.

I then sent this email:

Please edit you found log to REMOVE THE ANSWERS or I will have to delete the log again. The photo is fine but the answers CANNOT be in the log.

This was not done and I just had to delete his second log.

The instructions are clear on the page and I would like to think that my two emails were also clear.

I know he went there and found the cache... but why can't he follow the instructions?

- Rev Mike

As for the topic of this post it seems that the third time was the charm.

I am happy everything is sorted out because I did not want to take away his find... I just wanted the answers out of the log.

- Rev Mike

As for the topic of this post it seems that the third time was the charm.

I am happy everything is sorted out because I did not want to take away his find... I just wanted the answers out of the log.

- Rev Mike

Whew! Glad that finally worked out OK for you. Probably just confused about the whole process if he was all that new. It was good of you to be so patient.

I have one EC (with clear directions) which I have had to delete...what, half a dozen or so logs already....of my other 10 ECs I have only had to delete a couple. It sux and I try not to delete logs and normally go out of my way to let the log stay but there will always be those who can't follow directions. Deleting them makes me feel like an ogre but I have not yet had a person whose log I deleted contact me and ask why there log was deleted or ask to relog it....so my guess is they know they didn’t have the requirements met and were just trying to get an easy smile.

I'm in a tough spot too. A couple of local cachers did one of my EarthCaches a week or so ago and logged them as found. I didn't recieve the required answers from them so I politely emailed them each with this:

"Glad to see you visited Rock City Park EarthCache. You know how

EarthCaches are, there's always gotta be some kind of educational

requirement for cachers to do at the site. Here's what it says on the cache page:(Then I quoted the requirements from the web page)