New Iphone/Itouch GC com software

currykev

I've got it, not used it to find a cache yet, looks good, but in need of updates, such as being able to log in; i.e. at the moment, you get a cache search which includes owned, found etc, which is not alot of use unless you are miles from your usual caching area.

I'm sure it will get even better.

Used it this morning, worked fine on a trad, multis are a problem as you can't enter the coords for the next stage. It also pulls up all the local caches whether you've done 'em or not.

Said accuracy was 56ft, but pointed straight at the cache.

I agree about not wanting to use it "in the woods" but I reckon it's spot on for urban caching.

I'll continue the beta testing!

I think filtering out your previous finds is somehting on the development list.

Because of the secondary means of finding ones present position, I think it is second to none for urban caching ... by the time my Colo or 60CS gets a fix, the cache is usually in my hands when using the iphone.

Agreed, one would have to be very carfeul when using it "all terrain".

Edit to add, you can simply type in the follow on co-ords direct to the map address bar, but of course that means closing this app and opening another, so a little way to go before it is "all in one". Looks promising though.

Edited by Dorsetgal & GeoDog

I have been using the iGeocacher by AyeFon which lets you download pocket queries to the device for local storage, currently I have 1000+ loaded on my iPhone. It has excellent interface and include the full cache information, hint and five logs, other features include sorting by caches nearest to your position, moving caches to separate database (useful to keep track of your finds).

I had my first real test of it this weekend in Dublin and it performed very well, in addition to this I am also using iGCT toolkit.