TB in a cache but I can't retrieve it

ao318

Hello,

I just visited a cache and retrieved 2 TB's from it. When I got home to log them the cache page only showed one TB in it. I entered the TB# of the one that was not listed on the cache page and it shows the TB was placed into the cache on 9/30/07 but my only options for logging the TB are:

1) Grab it from somewhere else

2) Write note

3) Discovered

I have emailed the person that placed the TB in the cache to see if they can modify or edit their listing to correct the issue. Has this ever happened before and is there something I can do?

Thanks.

Edited by ao318

Hello,

I just visited a cache and retrieved 2 TB's from it. When I got home to log them the cache page only showed one TB in it. I entered the TB# of the one that was not listed on the cache page and it shows the TB was placed into the cache on 9/30/07 but my only options for logging the TB are:

1) Grab it from somewhere else

2) Write note

3) Discovered

I have emailed the person that placed the TB in the cache to see if they can modify or edit their listing to correct the issue. Has this ever happened before and is there something I can do?

Thanks.

If they do respond they may need the tracking number to correctly place it in the cache you found it in if they forgot it. You may have to wait a few days or so for an answer if the cacher is on a trip and doesn't have access to the internet and not logged it yet. Otherwise just grab it from somewhere else and move it along. No big deal. Keep the tracking number handy if you let it go and put it on your watchlist for a while.
Grab it from somewhere else. Somone didn't log it. You can grab it, then log it in and out of the cache you found it in to keep the records straight, then proceed as normal.

Sorry, it's my fault. I own the TB in question and when it hadn't moved in a year, though other TBs came and went, I thought it must be missing so marked its location "Unknown". Now I've posted a note on it that it is in cache GC160JH, but I'm not sure that fixes the situation.

Bahb